California {Getting there}

Since our flight left around 9:30 a.m. Thursday morning and the airport is a couple hours from our house, we figured it would be a good idea to just stay up in St. Louis the night before. Especially since I found the Park Sleep Fly hotels that offer free extended parking and a shuttle to and from the airport - we figured that we got the hotel, parking, and breakfast all for the cost that parking alone would have been. Total win.

So once I got off work the hubs and I finished packing (And I did some cleaning!), then went to pick up our Little Man to take him to grandma and Paw Paw's for the week. Thankfully my mom cooked for us - gave us a little more time with Coop and I didn't have to do dishes. After a quick stop at Macy's (Clinique Bonus time!) we were in route to STL. Thankfully we had a good trip and arrived in no time. We got settled in our room then hit up the hotel bar for a couple drinks and a little snack :)

Fast forward to Friday morning. THANK GOD we decided to stay the night before, because some storms and high winds were hitting STL. We awoke around 5 a.m. not to an alarm, but the tornado alert on our phones, followed 30 seconds later by tornado sirens in the city. No bueno.

Thankfully it all cleared by the time we were heading to the airport. All of Missouri got hit again Thursday night, so we were glad to be out of it! A little after we got to the airport, we ran into our friends Jessica and Justin, who were on the same flight out there as us! Once we got all checked in and settled at our gate, we grabbed some coffee and just chilled.

Thankfully our flight was on time and actually arrived a little early in LA. It was a great flight and I actually watched TV on my phone (offered through SW/Dish) most of the flight.

Once we landed and such, we took the shuttle to get our rental car. We had reserved it online and, again, it was such a breeze and EASY process. No, SW, Dish, and Enterprise aren't paying me a dime to talk about how amazing they are, but we had an awesome experience.

By this time it was about 2 p.m. (4 p.m. Missouri time) and we were starving. Jess had found a cool place a couple weeks prior she wanted to go and eat, so we headed down the road to Duke's Malibu for a bite. Once we FINALLY got there (LA traffic is no joke!) we basically stuffed our faces before getting on the road for the almost 4-hour drive to Paso Robles, where the wedding was. Actually it shouldn't have been that long but, again, traffic was horrible.

Thankfully we were on PCH for a good portion of the trip, so it was a very pretty, scenic drive. When we finally arrived, I was so ready to get settled I practically immediately unpacked our bags to get settled for the next three days :)

I spied a Target on the way in and we were hungry again, so we headed out there to grab a few essentials (bottled water, apples and breakfast food --- we ALWAYS do our own breakfast, in our room for vacation). We don't have any Carl's Jr. where we live, so decided to just stop in there for a quick bite.

Once we made it back to the hotel, we were able to meet up with the bride and some other friends. Although I had intended on an early night, I couldn't pass up the chance to have a couple drinks with Bel on her last night as a single lady, and catch up with her parents (Mom and Dad to pretty much all of us!) Thankfully it was still a decently early night, and we were ready to pass out when our heads hit the pillow.

Next up: Runaway Bride and WeddingDAY!!!

Pin It










1 comment:

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love comments :)