Pages

11.11.2014

thankful for it all

The past few years, I've tried to be very cognizant about the blessings in my life and blogged/posted on Facebook daily what I'm thankful for that day. I know that some think it's cheesy/silly/cliché but hey ... isn't it pretty similar to Valentine's Day? Something we should do year-round, but there is that extra day to really count our blessings?

The reason I love it so much is that I find by about day 10 or 12, once I get the family, God, health and obvious things out of the way, it causes me to think. REALLY think about everything. I recall one year being thankful for the dishes because it meant we had food to eat. Those things that we typically take for granted and even see as an annoyance (#firstworldproblems) that are really such blessings in our life.

This year? In an effort not to annoy people and/or put one more thing on my plate, I won't be posting things daily. But I'm going to do my best to really be thankful for it all. The annoying (but adorable!) child. The fact that I have this crazy, busy, overwhelming life.

Because I wouldn't change ANY of it for the world.

Pin It



1 comment:

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love comments :)