Pages

5.06.2015

packing list ... round 2

Since I'm insistent that we get our bags packed this weekend, I dug out my list from last time including what we took and DIDN'T need and wanted to post, as well as get any feedback from y'all.

  • Camera with battery and charger
  • Phone chargers
  • Flip flops.
  • Toiletries for showering, etc. Including a loofah. Lotion.
  • My small battery-operated hand fan.
  • Books
  • A tub of food. I remember always being STARVING around 10-11 p.m. after Cooper was born so I'll want some munchies.
  • Notebook to keep notes/updates throughout the birthday process. I actually recently found the notes from Cooper's birth and really love that I have that.
  • Insurance/ID cards
  • Onesies, hats, socks, mittens. Yes the hospital has the generic stuff but I don't like that. I'm also throwing in a couple headbands if it's a girl.
  • Headbands and ponytail holders for mom.
  • Toothbrush
  • Straightener and/or curling irons.
  • Makeup
  • Car seat
  • Mom's clothes
    • Nursing bras/tanks
    • Yoga pants
    • Maxi dress to wear home
    • My own gown - debating this one. I hate to mess it up but really hate the hospital ones 
    • Robe
  • Clothes, etc. for dad
  • Garbage bags for laundry, extra tote for any gifts, etc. brought to the hospital (that stuff seems to multiply!)
  • Cooper's "Big Brother" present from the baby.
And of course, I also have to pack a Grandma/PaPa bag for little man.
  • 3 pairs pajamas
  • 5-6 shirts
  • 3 pr. jeans, 3 pr. shorts
  • Undies, socks, white T-shirts
  • A few books
  • A stuffed animal
  • Boots, flip flops, tennis shoes
  • Hats
  • Medicine (just in case)
  • His present to give the baby
  • His "big brother bag" that he got at the sibling class offered by the hospital
Thankfully since my parents are close by and have been watching him quite a bit with doctors appointments, they keep a lot of the essentials like baby wash, cups, etc. at their house so there isn't too much we have to drop off. We also intend to probably leave a car seat with them in the next week or so, that way we don't have to worry about transferring that over if we meet them at 3 a.m. while en route to the hospital.

What am I forgetting?


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love comments :)