Pages

9.14.2015

Weekend rewind

Just like that, another weekend is over. Time sure is flying. I can't believe September is practically halfway over, and I sure can't believe I've already been back to work more than five weeks! Next thing I know I'll be enrolling my kids in college!

Don't you wish you had a muffin top cute as this one?

It was a pretty typical weekend in our hood. I had plans to do a chicken/rice bake on Friday, but Cooper requested pizza and obviously that's 10X easier so of course we went with that. I haven't cleaned house in about three weeks and needed to do that but instead decided to just chill and we watched a movie.

Saturday morning JD woke up around 6:30 and was the first in the house to stir. So after feeding him and pumping, I decided to hit the pavement for a run. The weather was in the 50s and it was absolutely gorgeous. It's really hard for me to get in a good run any day other than the weekend because mornings are so hectic and I can't get up early or I'd have to pump first, so I always try to run both Saturday morning and Sunday evening. I've been wanting to take the plunge and do the 5K distance for a few weeks but have been chicken shit ... and let's face it, it's been hot. I started out strong and feeling good, and about a half mile in decided to go for it, not to worry about pace, just run. I ended up doing 3.3 miles and felt great!


After I got home we got to cleaning, my FIL's birthday was last week and we had intended to go to their house (about an hour away) to visit, but they were planning to come through, so we just told them we would grill. So we got the kitchen/living room tidy and Cooper and I made a cake. Once again, the weather was gorgeous so wen just chilled outside. After they left, we changed clothes and went up to my parents'. My dad farms and is in the middle of corn harvest. My cousin used to help him, but changed jobs and actually works for a farm now, so of course he can't help, and my dad needed help running the grain cart from the field to the grain bins again. It was a shorter day since we didn't make it up there until around 4, but helped free up my dad a bit. After that, we went to Cape to look at a used deep freeze - my milk supply is great, but mine and my parents' freezers are now filled with it, so I needed some extra storage space. This is an older model but works great and I got a good deal on it so I don't feel bad that we will likely just use it for a year and then I will resell it.


Sunday morning after breakfast, hubs went outside to do some bush hogging while I worked on laundry and more house work. We needed more groceries and he was planning to help my dad again, but there was a couple hours before he needed to leave, so I fed JD, put him down for a nap and hightailed it. Poor little JD didn't have the best weekend (growth spurt?) and hubby actually ended up giving him a bottle in the 1.5 hours I was gone! Thankfully that seemed to make things a bit better for the rest of the day.



After a quick lunch, hubs went up north while I stayed back with the boys, since Cooper needed a nap and I needed to clean. Once we got to my parents' house, I helped them do a few things while the guys finished up in the field and moved the equipment! I was getting changed for a run when they got home. I'd rather pound the pavement but decided to just run the field row across from my parents, as well as a little on the highway to make for a two mile run. Running in the grass sure is a challenge, my calves/ankles were sore this morning! But it was a great run and I enjoyed it.


Since we didn't know how late they would work, my mom planned supper for all of us, which definitely helped me in the cooking/dishes department :) Then once we got home it was time for some Big Brother, baths and bed. All in time for another Monday!

I've gotten back into meal planning and actually did a little prep yesterday (I'm sooo ready to lose the last 2 lbs. of pregnancy weight) so thought I would share :)

Sunday: Pizza and chips
Monday: Pinto beans in the crock pot, cornbread muffins
Tuesday: Chicken, rice, black beans and corn casserole, tomatoes (eat plain or burrito-style)
Wednesday: Leftovers
Thursday: Leftovers
Friday: Baked salmon, rice, salad
Saturday: Leftovers/TBA



Pin It


 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love comments :)