Pages

1.27.2014

Weekend wrap up

This weekend flew by and I can't believe it's already Monday. The last Monday of January at that. Say what?

When I got home from work on Friday, it was a pretty lazy night. I did my JM workout, but that was about it. Hubby and I finally carved out time to watch the two-hour season finale of Hostages and it was SO good.

Saturday morning I had to be on the road a little after 9 a.m. for a freelance job. Once I got back into town, hubs wanted me to meet him and little man at Lowe's to pick out some items for our basement bathroom. By the time we got home and ate a quick lunch, I felt exhasted and took a nap ... which meant no Saturday workout, because we had plans with friends that evening! We had some yummy Mexican food, a couple of beers and probably waaaay too many chips and salsa considering I'm on a diet, but it was great. We had a little grocery shopping to do and were so excited to go to Walmart kid-free. It's the little things. We knew we were old when we got home at 9:06 after a night out.

Since I skipped Saturday's workout and really indulged that evening, I told myself I had to do double time on Sunday. That morning, I did JM's 6 week 6 pack and the squat/bikini body challenge moves from the previous night. Following cleaning up and doing some work at the house, C and I went to a birthday party while daddy stayed home to keep working in the basement. Then once we got home and I helped J on a little project in the basement, I popped in the 30DS and cranked out Level 3, plus my squate and bikini body challenge for that day.
 

Whew! I was pretty exhausted last night and my abs still hurt, but that's good, right?

My squat and bikini body challenge wrap up on Thursday, and Saturday will be Day 30 of the JM challenge. I still haven't decided what to do in February! I'm leaning towards trying to get in treadmill time 3-4 days a week, alternating with DVDs that focus on arms and abs. I'm also contemplating a plank challenge. Suggestions?

When it comes to this week's menu, it's pretty easy. I made a big pot of chili yesterday, so that really simplifies things. Here's the plan:

Sunday: Chili, celery w/peanut butter
Monday: Chili, PB sandwiches
Tuesday: Baked chicken, potatoes, green beans
Wednesday: Chili
Thursday: I'll be at a Pampered Chef party, so I've planned for the boys to do burgers and fries
Friday: Pork chop bake (carry over from last week), corn
Saturday: Leftovers!

Have a good week, friends!



Pin It






 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love comments :)