Pages

6.04.2014

Summer hours

Gah, I detest those two little words. They more or less ruin my summer.

No one should see this when they back out of their driveway in the morning for a regular day of work. That's right, I was leaving my house at 6:49 a.m. Gag me.


I work at a community college and the load is, obviously, much lighter in the summer. So, in an effort to save on utilities, we work 7-6 Monday through Thursday and are off on Fridays for eight weeks. I like having Fridays off. I do not like working 10 hour days to do so.

With daycare, it creates a bit of a logistical situation. Hubby has a truck for work and Cooper can't ride in it. So I still do dropoff in the morning, and my super awesome sitter does let me drop off at 7 a.m., so I get to work around 7:15 and shorten my lunch break. Hubby can pick up every day but Monday, so I use personal time (which is going to expire at the end of the month anyhow) to leave work a little early those days. In July, I'll probably use a vacation day and split it amongst the three remaining Mondays.

So yesterday was my first "full" day of summer hours. I joked that I was transitioning - got here early on Monday, then did the full-fledged 10 hours yesterday.

It.sucked.

By the time I got home, did my workout, finished supper (freezer meal for the win!), did dishes and showered, it was 9. And did I mention my alarm is now set for 5:45?



Shoot me now. Is it July 28 yet?

On the bright side ... 2 days down, 29 to go. #justsayin



Pin It



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love comments :)