Pages

10.02.2014

#Blogtober14: Dream Job!

Back for Day Two!

Dream job when I was little/what is it now?


Honestly, I don't know that I had a real dream job as a kid. I do have something I did in kindergarten saying I wanted to be a Dallas Cowboys cheerleader. Oh my! I always really liked kids and being in charge though, so I did go through a phase where I wanted to be a teacher as well. For a brief time I wanted to be a nurse as well.

Once I was in high school I realized how much I loved writing and hated math, so I decided to major in journalism. Once I obtained my degree, I went to work for a daily newspaper near my hometown.

After working there for almost 4 years, I was offered a position as a development officer for the community college serving the area where I worked. It included marketing, alumni relations and fund/friend raising. I accepted and am still there today!

I love my job but still don't know if it's my "dream job." Honestly, I still don't know what exactly I want to be when I grow up, lol! I think that I would like to eventually transition into more of the marketing field. I'm also planning to get my masters so I can be an adjunct instructor and teach some of our communications classes. So I guess the dream of being a teacher still does exist.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love comments :)