Pages

10.08.2014

#Blogtober14: A letter to me

Day 8: A letter to myself in 10 years
 
Helene in Between Blogtober

Clearly I'm a little behind with the challenge, but it's all good! It's a busy time in my life, so I'm doing what I can and picking and choosing. I thought this one sounded super fun though.

Dear Michelle:

Relax. You are only one person and it's OK that you can't conquer the world alone. You are a mom and a wife. Focus on taking care of your husband and kid(s). There will always be time to clean the house. You can never go back and make memories.

Have some patience. I know, I know, I've been telling you to do this since the day you became a mom but it's true. The teenage years will probably get the best of you, but remember you are a parent, not a friend. Be supportive and loving but stern. It's your job to raise your kids to be strong, independent and honorable. Stick to your guns on that.

Whatever you are doing in life, make sure you are being gracious and a real, true leader. Every day, strive to bless someone else and be an example to others - your kids and so many others are looking at what you do. Don't let others tear you down, and don't tear anyone down in the process. You know what it's like to be a young professional that others tend to look down on - be a mentor and a friend to people who are in the same shoes you were in 10-15 years ago.

Oh, and you look fabulous! Whatever you are doing is clearly working. But don't forget it's OK to just live life. Have the candy bar. Eat the cheese dip. Just do it in moderation.

Love, Me

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Cute post!! I definitely think we will all look fabulous 10 years from now so I am glad so many women are telling their future selves they look fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love comments :)