Pages

4.14.2010

Tidbits

- I am the darkest I've ever been in April thanks to the good old natural sunlight. I'm loving these 80+ degree days, especially with all the outdoor work I've been doing.


- Speaking of the outdoors, I've got my fingers crossed that we'll finish the landscaping work in front of the house this weekend. My sweet boss offered to work for me on Saturday, so while that means I'll be in the office a few hours later than planned today, I won't have to wake up before dawn on Saturday, and hopefully we'll be able to devote that time to working outside. 


- In addition to the landscaping, I've been doing some gardening. Monday, I purchased tomato and cucumber plants and yesterday I bought a bunch of seeds. All together, it's going to cost me less than $20 for my garden this year. Yesterday, I helped my parents get their garden started, and this afternoon my mom is coming to help me get mine planted. I plan to plant okra, cucumbers, tomatoes, green beans, lettuce, radishes, and cantaloupe. I can't wait for the first tomato! And seeing how expensive produce is, I'll be able to save a lot of money with the garden. Plus it's a good workout!


- With all the outdoor work, housework sure has been put on the back burner. The house is an absolute mess right now. Last night I managed to get everything picked up in the living room, but didn't get it dusted or vacuumed. And considering we walk through there to get inside the house, we've unfortunately tracked in a lot of dirt. And I don't even want to talk about the mess in the kitchen. This morning, I felt so overwhelmed with it, I just wanted to cry!


- It sure is hot in the house too! Yesterday evening, I walked by the thermostat and noticed it said 80! Oh well, we'll be using lots of fans, as we've agreed to wait until June (if possible) to run the air!


- Last Saturday, we got up around 6 a.m. and hit garage sales! I also went to a couple after work on Friday. Some of my loot was a shovel for $2 that's already proved it's use, a bunch of photo frames, a glass 9x13 pan with a lid, a cute T-shirt, and a high chair/booster seat for my mom. She went to sales in Benton and found me a poker chip set for $4 - sweet! I love garage sales. 


- I also love clearing out my junk and having my own sale to make some money! Mom and I are planning to have a sale next weekend. I have about six large totes/boxes and I really just want to get rid of it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love comments :)