Pages

8.03.2010

Weekend wrap-up

We had a great weekend but as usual, it flew by much too quickly!
Friday I got off work early and made some Mrs. Wages salsa with my mom. Yummy! It is so easy, and next time I'll just use canned diced tomatoes instead of blanching and dicing them myself :)
That night J wasn't feeling well, so we stayed home and watched TV. We recorded The Client List a few weeks ago and finally watched it. 
Saturday morning we went to the horse pasture we currently rent and did some lawn mowing/weed eating between the fence and the road. Then we went home and I pulled all of the green beans out of my garden, as well as picked everything else. That afternoon we did a little grocery shopping and later went to one of J's co-workers 60th birthday party. 
At the party, we played euchre with a couple. Team Michelle won all three games! Since the party was over at 11, we hit up a local bar for a couple of drinks while I drank soda to make sure I wouldn't get pulled over, as the cops have been horrible here lately! 
Here are a couple of photos I snapped:





Team Michelle! Both of our first names :)

Sunday we did some more work outside. Earlier this spring, we did a lot of work to our front landscaping and I blogged about it here. To make a long story short, the place we were supposed to get our mulch never worked out, so it's just been sitting and attracted weeds, as well as serving as a digging bed for our dog. So, we pulled the weeds and leveled the soil. We're on vacation next week and plan to finish it up then, so we're working to get rid of as many weeds as possible before we weed barrier and mulch. 

That's it, I think. I'm still canning up a storm and totally looking forward to having some time off work next week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love comments :)