Pages

9.20.2010

A recipe: Apple Cake


My company is hosting a recipe contest, and someone sent in this yummy apple cake recipe last week. It sounded yummy and I had a big bag of cull apples, so I tried it. 
It was DELISH! I ate this for breakfast and supper yesterday. J suggested icing, and I have a family reunion this weekend and will probably top with cream cheese frosting. 


What you'll need:
4 cups chopped apples
1 c. oil
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. coconut (I did not add this)
2 c. sugar
2 eggs, beaten
3 c. flour
2 tsp. vanilla
1 c. chopped nuts


The recipe says to let the apples for a juice. My mom said it would be best to mix in some of the sugar to do this and let it set for an hour, so that's what I did. A coworker told me that she blended hers, though, so either way it works!
Once the juice forms, add the rest of the ingredients. I mixed about half the nuts in and reserved the rest to sprinkle on top.
Pour into a 9 by 13 pan and bake at 350 for one hour. 
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love comments :)