Pages

10.04.2010

Chili days


I LOVE chili, but I just can't bring myself to eat it while hot outside. 


So now that the weather has cooled off and fall is officially here, I made my first pot on Sunday. 


I should also point out that I love chili lots of ways and don't cook more than necessary -- so I make a huge pot we can enjoy several meals. I used two pounds of hamburger, five cans of beans and two quarts of tomato juice. 


And it was yummy. 


Last night we ate it from the bowl with pb sandwiches. We have enough left for at least three meals, so we'll also have chili dogs, Frito pies, and perhaps chili mac. I love having the main part of dinner done for every night :) And since we'll be making it differently, it won't feel like we're having the same meal four nights of the week. SCORE!


Am I the only one who cooks chili in bulk like this? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love comments :)