Pages

10.18.2010

Salmon patties





When I was a kid, my mom would often make salmon patties. I was never too fond of them, because she put onions in them (YUCK!) but now that I make my own, I think they are a tasty meal. 


This recipe is super-easy. I like to pair it with fried potatoes and either macaroni and cheese or noodles that are made in tomato juice. Down-home cookin :)


What you'll need:
- One can salmon
- 16 small saltine crackers, crushed
- One egg
- Salt and pepper to taste


Make it!
1. Beat egg in a bowl. Season to your little heart's desire.
2. Add in the crackers.
3. Mix in salmon. I always pick out the little bones and black stuff - I don't know if you're supposed to, but I couldn't stand to eat it knowing it's in there. 
4. Form into patties. Cook in an oiled skillet until browned --- approximately three to four minutes per side. 
5. Enjoy! 


Not only is it easy, salmon has A LOT of protein in it --- we ate this a lot more when we were working out and trying to build muscle tone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love comments :)