Pages

2.24.2011

McD's fail

A few of my Facebook friends posted a link to this New York Times blog today. 


Basically, it discusses the lack of nutrition in McD's new oatmeal. I know that oatmeal can be a super-healthy food, so it's very upsetting to me. Apparently, I'm not the only one who was deceived by the fast food giant's new "bowl full of wholesome" offering. 


I quote from the article: "Incredibly, the McDonald's product contains more sugar than a Snickers bar and only 10 fewer calories than a McDonalds cheeseburger of Egg McMuffin."


Seriously? Wow. 


What are your thoughts on this?




5 comments:

  1. Not that I eat McDonald's after my food poisoning incident last year...but gross. This is just wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this yesterday as well. So frustrating and misleading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really not that surprised. After I learned that even salads from fast food places arent that healthy, I dont consider anything from a fast food place remotely healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just goes to show you it may seem healthy but you gotta read up on it! I'll stick with my egg mcmuffin though!

    Hope you have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't realize that you could make oatmeal that unhealthy, I guess leave it to McD's for that!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love comments :)