Pages

4.11.2011

Wedding weekend

This weekend was the much-anticipated bachelorette party/bridal shower for my good friend, Jessica! I am a bridesmaid in her wedding. 


I didn't take my camera out on Friday night, because I only have a work one and was just taking a small clutch. So I stole a few from friends and have a couple of iPhone ones. 


You may remember, we did an 80s theme. We went to a brewery in Cape Girardeau (Buckners for any local readers) and had a great time! Jess said she wanted a burger and a place where we could have a private room,and this place fit both requirements. Plus, it was within walking distance of several other bars with dance floors. Also, we had the party close to home instead of going to St. Louis or Memphis, since it was such a hectic weekend, and a couple of the girls with babies preferred to come home that night!


Here are all the gals who dressed up (we had a few Debbie Downers!)


Jess is the one in the black/gold dress and sash. She looked like an 80s Barbie!
My friend Christine and I. I can't decide if I like the bow on my head or my dress better!




J took a picture of just me, but I don't have it yet. But I think you can get the idea from the above picture. 


A couple pictures from later that night...


I've missed that redhead!




The shower was on Sunday. And I am just thinking, Thank God it's over! It went well, but when you have several leaders/dominant minds, it gets tough.


The wedding colors are navy and silver, so that was the basis for our decor. 







The cakes were a big point of contention for us, so we ended up letting the bride pick them out. Jess had shown these to me before, and I totally love them!






We also got a few group shots. Here is the bride and her maids:




And here I am with her:




Hurry up, May 28!

2 comments:

  1. Aww, how fun! Gotta love the 80's look :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the themed Bachelorette party, looks like you had a good time! Hope you, the Hubs, and Hank are doing well!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love comments :)