Pages

7.29.2014

Long weekend

Well friends, the hell that I refer to as summer hours is now officially over, which makes me super happy.


Anyhow, the hubs was on vacation last week, so I decided to take off Wednesday/Thursday (and of course was already scheduled off on Friday) so we could spend some time together. The original plan was to take Coop man camping, but since it rained/stormed on Wednesday and was a bit chilly (for July) on Thursday AND we had a mountain of work to tackle in our basement, we decided to just make it a working vacation.


I was able to get my basement mostly organized (we are doing work there now, so obviously it's not perfect as we are right now in the midst of hanging sheetrock, but trust me when I say it looks waaaaay better now than it did a week ago) and all that the basement bathroom lacks is a little more mudding/sanding and it's ready to paint! Progress, people. I also cleaned the entire upstairs of my house on Saturday. And on Friday, I spent half the day at my mom's, canning tomato juice and picking her green beans.  


Of course by the time Saturday-Sunday came around, it was again hotter than the hinges of Hades. I did get in a morning run on Sunday to prepare for my 5K this weekend. It sucked. Just sayin.

And later on Sunday. (when my friend's little boy came over for the afternoon) I said we were going to enjoy a bit. Our neighbors have a pool and we headed down there for a couple hours in the afternoon.




Crazy how with 5 days off, the weekend still felt too short!



Pin It




 

 

 

2 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous of your long weekend! I won't have another one of those for a long while!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Long Weekends are the best! Sounds like you all were very productive. Glad you got some fun pool time before it ended!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love comments :)