Pages

3.03.2015

Baby R2: 27 weeks!

How far along: 27 weeks ... third trimester, baby! (Depending on who you ask, but I'm definitely over 2/3 of the way there!!!)

How big is the baby: Baby is about 2 lbs. and 14.5 inches long ... size of a head of cauliflower! He/she is sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing eyes and perhaps even sucking fingers. (Gah, not another thumb sucker!) Brain tissue is developing and baby's brain is very active now. Lungs still immature but would be capable of functioning with A LOT of help if born right now.


Weight gain/loss: Exactly 20 lbs. It was 13 at this point with Cooper so I'm basically planning for 30 lbs.

Sleep: Great!

Diet/Cravings/Aversions: More of the same - carbs, berries and sweet tea.

Gender: We'll find out when born!

Movement: Yes. Lots of it! This baby is an attention whore like mama and really gets moving when someone is giving the belly attention.  

Worries: I'm feeling A LOT of pressure on my cervix at times. The dr. said this is completely normal since its my second and the baby is so low. Cooper and Jimmy did something that made me laugh so hard the other day I seriously thought I was about to go into labor. Thankfully it passed quickly.

The belly: Lots of growing but everyone still says I look tiny for 27 weeks. I know the baby is bigger than average so I'll take it as a compliment!


 
What I'm Loving: Just being at this good point of pregnancy ... I'm visibly pregnant but not too miserable. Actually getting in regular workouts and feeling pretty good!

Symptoms: Just some back pain here and there but nothing too crazy.  

Milestones: I can't think of anything.

Big Brother: I feel like he's really sensing the changes and getting much more clingy. He wants to stay home or go to work with me every day ... but then doesn't want to come home when I go to pick him up from daycare. We are expecting more sleet/snow tonight/tomorrow, so he may get his wish the rest of the week.

What's different this time: I had my first stretch mark pop up at this time last pregnancy. I've been really lathering up and they are still pretty faded from last time/no new ones have popped up yet!

What I'm looking forward to: We are spring break next week and our new king size bed is being delivered so I'm all kinds of happy!

Best moment of the week: We went to a fish fry with THE BEST fish on Friday, so it was a pregnant woman's dream.


Pin It


 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love comments :)