Pages

7.18.2011

Guest post: Melissa Jo (and a doggie cake recipe!)

Hi friends!

Today we're en route to Gulf Shores, so my sweet friend Melissa wrote this guest post. We definitely bonded over our doggies so I think it's sweet that she wrote about this cake. I actually made Hank cupcakes last year that he LOVED so I'll have to try this soon :)

Hey everyone! Glad to be here at Snapshots today while Michelle is busy getting M-A-R-R-I-E-D! I'm so excited for you and your hubby!
Since Michelle and I have our love for our chocolate labs in common I thought for all the rest of the dog lovers out there I'd share a recipe for some homemade doggy birthday cake that my Reese LOVES. I'm sure Michelle's pup Hank would grub on them too!



My Precious Reese



1 cup white or whole wheat flour


1 tsp baking soda


1/4 cup peanut butter


1/4 cup vegetable oil


1 cup shredded carrots


1 tsp vanilla


1/3 cup honey


1 egg



Directions:


Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C)


Mix together flour and baking soda. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Pour into a ring mold sprayed with a nonstick spray for 40 minutes.

Frost this cake with low fat cottage cheese and decorate with carrot pieces. Store in refrigerator.



Doggy Birthday Cake

1 comment:

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love comments :)