Pages

7.28.2011

Thursday randoms

I can't believe it's already Thursday! This week sure has flown by!

- I'm only "working" half a day today. At noon, I have a Chamber lunch, where I'll graduate from our Leadership course. Another plaque to hang in my office :) Then, I have an hour drive to the main campus for an orientation. Fun, fun.

- This work week actually hasn't been too busy, as I was getting settled on Monday and then the person I'm working most closely with is on a work trip. So it's nice getting acclimated slowly instead of having a million and one tasks to bust my butt on.

- We get to hear Baby R again next week! I'm kinda sad that we don't get any more ultrasounds, but I also know there is NO WAY that I could go without finding out the sex. It's so tough!

- Speaking of Baby R, the two lovely ladies who will be throwing my shower are already pestering me to come up with my registry. I feel like I've been so busy, plus we just did our wedding registry a little over a month ago so I don't want to look like I'm begging for gifts. And a little confession - I have no idea what I need or what I'm doing. I keep trying to freak out J with all the baby stuff and I can't, which freaks me out even more. Aren't the men the ones who are unsure? Seriously, I don't know how to swaddle, I stink at burping, I don't really want to breastfeed other than the fact I know it's best for the baby, and more. We're at the point now where Baby R could be home in three months, and I haven't even cleaned out the nursery yet!

- OK, I just worked myself up to a small panic attack.

- We've been having variations of meatballs (left over from our reception) all week for dinner. I'm about sick of the things and will probably end up freezing them soon.

- I'm really loving this season of Big Brother. I'm pretty sure Dom will go home tonight and most excited to see who ends up winning HOH. I think it will be some type of an endurance competition, designed for a smaller person to win.

- The water at my new office is nasty. So I've been bringing in big 32 ounce bottles. And wearing out a path to the bathroom. Thank goodness it's only 20 or so steps away.

- I'm itching to legally change my name. But I haven't received the certified copy of the marriage license yet. Grrrrr.

- My wedding band is a loaner for now :( Our jeweler didn't have the time to finish the one I want, so he let me use my No. 2 band, which was already made. I have to take back my engagement ring for a couple weeks so he can make sure they match up perfectly, but I'm just not ready to do that yet. If I loved my engagement ring before, I don't know what to say about it now. A band gives it even more sparkle and prominence. I sometimes get lost in the sparkles and beauty :)

- We should FINALLY receive our flood insurance check today, after we signed the estimate more than two months ago. So this weekend may include some basement work for J, while I work on cleaning the upstairs and doing laundry.

- I'm trying to be patient in waiting for the rest of my wedding pictures, but it's hard. Hopefully they'll come in the next couple of days.

But for now, here's another sneak peek :)






4 comments:

  1. sounds like you are super busy!! I love the sneak peek picture!! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooo i am obsessed with wedding photos! I love seeeing them...cant wait to see the rest of yours x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful picture! Sounds like everything is going great - minus the freak out. Don't you just hate when people are pushy? My inlaws are like that on registries, plans (way in advance) and such. Good luck getting registered. A few blogs I've seen - mothers have went and said what they couldn't live without. That might be good to check out. Here is one:

    http://mrandmrseyecansee.blogspot.com/2010/12/these-are-few-of-my-favorite-thingsmom.html

    http://mrandmrseyecansee.blogspot.com/2011/05/favorite-things-mom-edition-volume-2.html

    You might find more around or ask some mama's out there what they think is great and what isn't. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck registering! It was so overwhelming when I started! But I got over my fears and just went with it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love comments :)