Pages

7.23.2012

Cooper:: 8 months!




Oh time, how do you fly by so quickly. I seriously cannot believe my boy is 8 months old already. We've known him here longer than we knew about him while he was inside of me - crazy!

 




It's been another big month for Mister Cooper! Per usual, this has been my favorite month so far. We're on the move and just charming the heck out of everyone we meet :)

In addition to crawling {which allows you to be wherever you want to be} you are pulling up, and we had to move down the mattress on the crib. We're about to have to replace the coffee table with something softer.

We took you swimming in a "big boy" pool for the first time this month, at Uncle Donnie and Aunt Debbie's. You literally took to it like a fish, and were kicking those little feet within about 15 minutes.


Teething was a little rough on you earlier this month and dramatically dropped what you were eating, but you are now back on track! Your eating solids has dropped your milk intake a bit, but you are still a very good eater. We nurse first thing in the morning, and you have 4 T. of oatmeal with a cube of fruit and one ounce of milk around 8:30 a.m. You take an 8 ounce bottle of pumped milk around 11 a.m., eat veggies at 1:30 p.m., 6 ounce bottle around 4:30 p.m., supper at 6-6:30 p.m. and nurse before bed at 8 or 8:30. You try to take two pretty decent naps in the morning and afternoon. Your favorite foods are sweet peas (often mixed with carrots) and sweet potatoes. We tried chicken last night and the verdict is still out on that. You also like puffs and although you can pick them up, dropping them into your mouth is a little difficult. 

We are starting to go out to eat again, and you like sitting in the high chair like a big boy! Last week, you were Mommy's date to Olive Garden. Mommy is starting to share some of her food with you too, like chicken & gnocchi, cantaloupe and more.

You love being on the move but boy, you are in everything! You are pretty much guaranteed to always lunge for the one thing in the room we don't want you messing with. Baby proofing is likely on the horizon. It is so, so sweet to see you get that determined look in your eye that you want something and just go after it! It makes you much happier as well.



Blurry, I know, but still sweet. Trying to get to Mommy's pump :)
You are definitely my little charmer. You just have the sweetest little gummy smile and it melts my heart and so many others'. I took you to a baby sprinkle with me yesterday and all the ladies loved you!


You are also very socialable and have a great disposition. You were so tired at the sprinkle but weren't fussy as long as you got attention, too, although you were asleep within 3 minutes of getting in the car! This weekend, Mommy's cousin Jennifer watched you and even when we woke you up around 12:30 to get you home, you were passing out those adorable smiles. I'm gonna miss them so much when the rest of them toofers decide to pop on through.

I'm not completely sure on your stats, but I'm guessing you weigh about 19 pounds, my little turkey. You are definitely getting taller too. You wear a size 3 diaper and 6-9 month clothing.


You really, really like TV. One morning, Daddy and I were having breakfast and hadn't turned it on, and you kept looking from the black screen to us, totally befuddled. You also like to play with Maxx the dog, your Fisher Price puppy and activity center, and your V-Tech steering wheel.


You'll never understand how much your sweet little smile brightens our day, and how big all these accomplishments really are to your Daddy & I. Until, of course, you have a little awesomepants kid of your own. Then you'll think to yourself "no way my parents loved me this much!" But we do. I love you to the moon and back, and then some, little boy. You are my sunshine :)

XOXO, Mommy

2 comments:

  1. Wow he has gotten so big!! He looks like a toddler almost in the chair pictures. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pictures of him sitting in the rocking chair. He's starting to look like a little boy instead of a baby boy! He's such a beautiful boy! Happy 8 months Cooper!

    That's cute about the tv! Grayson was staring at ours last night enjoying the color and movement of it.

    His stats are making me panic! ha! Grayson was 14lbs 11oz on July 10th. A week past 2 months! I know he's definitely over 15 lbs now and we are about to go to size 3 after this weekend and he's just going to be 3 months next week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love comments :)