Pages

2.25.2014

Weekend wrapup!

Another weekend, and we got the most amazing tease for summer {as I believe most of the country did.} Of course now it's Monday Tuesday and I'm bundled up again, with snow in the forecast, but we sure did make the most of the beautiful weather!

On Friday we went to town and hubby upgraded us to iPhone 5s's. We were originally thinking of just swapping to Straight Talk, which we've heard a lot of good about. Backing up ..when we went to AT&T over Christmas, they essentially were trying to push their NEXT plan {a rip off in our opinion} and told us that regardless, they had to swap us from our minutes plan {we have the smallest they offer and STILL lose minutes every month!} and upgrade us to the unlimited, as they were doing away with minutes plans. Considering that would bump our bill $20 every month, we were pissed.

Anyhow, hubby went to Walmart earlier in the week and the rep he talked to there said we could keep our old plan AND the phones were about $50 cheaper there. SOLD!

It was kinda late when we got done, so we just grabbed Mexican for supper. Cooper LOVES the chips and salsa, so it's usually the best option for us. Plus the portions are so large, he can just eat off our plates, which is an even bigger win!



As I mentioned, Saturday was B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L! We played outside a bit after breakfast, then the boys went back out while I finished up Week One of Ripped in 30. I'm still REALLY liking this workout. That afternoon, J and one of his friends shot guns, and I did housework (and took a nap!) while C napped. Later that afternoon, we got out for a run and it was glorious. I'm pretty positive this is my absolute best time EVER, especially for the distance I ran.


Since we had a late lunch and ran so close to dinner time, we weren't super hungry so just did protein shakes and apples/celery with peanut butter. YUM! Unfortunately my knee was hurting something BAD (I think it just hadn't properly healed from last week) so I had to prop up my leg most of the rest of the night. No running for a week, no squats and no lunges, my marathon friend tells me. :(


I needed to do some grocery shopping on Sunday. Usually I go to the town about 10 minutes from our house, but I felt like it was time for a Sam's run (30 minute drive) and I had a pair of jeans to be hemmed. Did you know that the Buckle hems for free as long as you purchased them there within 30 days? Anyhow I HAD to have these jeans for my birthday and wore boots so no biggie. So hubs and I decided to head to Cape. Thankfully my parents live on the way and graciously agreed to watch Cooper so we could have a kid-free shopping trip! {And a yummy lunch of burgers, sweet potato chips and cran vodka...}


That night since we had a HUGE lunch we did protein shakes and fruits/veggies again. Popped in the yoga DVD we bought that day, then went to bed and watched The Amazing Race {SO GLAD the twinnies are gone.}

All in all, a pretty awesome weekend.

AND this week's menu plan ....

Sunday: Protein shakes, apples, celery w/peanut butter
Monday: Chili, peanut butter sandwiches
Tuesday: Leftover spicy sausage pasta, corn
Wednesday: Chili, corn chips, celery sticks
Thursday: Chili nachos
Friday: Salmon patties, fried potatoes, noodles cooked in tomato juice
Saturday: Leftover chili or homemade pizza




Pin It


 

 

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love comments :)