Pages

6.22.2010

Yum-o





I have a really bad habit of buying produce, eating about half, then letting it go bad.
Just ask my two super-mushy bananas I discovered Sunday. I told myself I wouldn't waste them, however, and remembered a muffin recipe I copied a while back. So I made them last night and let me tell you, they are DELISH!




I wish I could remember where I copied this so I could credit, but I can't for the life of me. But here's the recipe:




Ingredients
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup mashed ripe bananas
3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Directions
In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine the egg, oil, yogurt and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in bananas and chocolate chips. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350 degrees F for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.

Super easy and super good - just the way I like it :)


And by the way, the Farmhouse Chicken I made last night was a new recipe, but definitely a keeper. We both loved the flavor, and were full without eating half of it. Cheap, pretty healthy and filling - what's not to love?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love comments :)