Pages

2.01.2012

a new month


Now that I have a 10-week-old who is, for the most part, sleeping through the night and have been back at work for a month, I figure it's time to get a few other things in line. And what better time to start than at the beginning of a new month?
{health}




I found this pin yesterday and decided it came at a great time - my abs are seriously nonexistant and I hate looking at my belly. Totally do-able in terms of time and being able to do it upstairs. And the hubs plans to to it with me.

Other than my birthday next week and Valentine's the next, I'm going to make a real effort to eat healthier, too. I LOVED all of your healthy snack ideas. And while I may still rely on things like Hamburger Helper for dinner, I can measure out portions, like hubs and I did last night, rather than eyeball it and eat SO much more than needed. 

This morning I stepped on the scale and was surprised to see the number is still about what it was when I got pregnant. I can't believe I'm about to put it out here, but I weighed 159.2 pounds. I'm 5'8". So I could definitely stand to lose some weight. I'm going to aim to lose 4 lbs this month.

{wealthy}
I really need to do a better job at saving money. So this month, my goal is to get caught up from Christmas, new car, etc. I'd also like to put at least $200 in savings.

{organized}
our house is SUCH a mess. I really need to get the spare bedroom cleaned. We need to buy a file cabinet to get all the paperwork that was formerly stored in our desk organized. Then maybe I can remember to pay all the bills on time.

{clean}
I've long since given up on having the house clean. But it would be nice to have it at least presentable - it honestly makes me so anxious in the mornings when I am sitting in the living room and pumping to see the mess. So I'm going to make a goal to spend 10 minutes picking up in the living room every night and see how that helps. The kitchen used to be the bane of my existence, but since I have to wash bottles and pumping supplies every evening, it's not so bad anymore.

{live in the moment}
I spend WAY too much time watching TV and playing on my iPhone. While I doubt I can get hubby to just turn off the TV more often, I can make an effort to do more multi-tasking, like folding laundry, while the TV is on. And at night, I don't need to be checking Facebook - I need to be engaged with my son who is growing SO quickly. So I'm going to TRY and put my phone down from the time I get home until my bathtime every night, unless someone calls me.

What are your goals for this month?


Pin It

4 comments:

  1. I want to get the clutter in the house under control! I do a pretty good job of keeping everything tidy, but it's frustrating when I see stacks of things that have no "place" or stuff that I don't really use or want, but I don't seem to ever find a time to get rid of. So this will be the month I get it under control :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all really great goals Michelle! I think it's almost impossible to keep the house super clean when you have a baby so don't be too hard on yourself! I always tell myself that E will only be little once but that the laundry, dishes, etc. will be around for the rest of my life! :) Good luck on your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really need to write out my goals and actually "make" them so that I can accomplish them. Otherwise it'll just be a thought I had.

    I have so many things I need to do this month and a baby shower to get ready for. But after work I don't feel like doing much at all. And on my only day off on Sunday- I have tons to do and never feel like doing more than I already have to. I have to find a way to get it all in.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love comments :)