Pages

6.04.2012

weekend wrap-up

Back from another fabulous weekend. Gah, I LOVE summertime.

And super proud of myself for getting to work at 7:12 on the first day of summer hours. I'm lucky in that I don't have to "cover" my office so basically as long as I still get in my 10 hours, it's no big deal. And since I rarely take a full hour for lunch, it works out pretty good for me to work like 7:15-5:45 with a half hour lunch today :)

So ...

Friday night I had to come back to town in the early evening to meet with another college employee and a gentleman who wants to donate some computers to the school, if they will work. My boys decided to join us :) I had some talkers on my hands, too, so it took awhile.

After that, we headed to Wally World to pick up a few items.

That night, we lounged on the couch and watched TV. I didn't even do the dishes!

Saturday morning, hubby went out to bush hog one of our pastures. He did the other two last weekend :) Meanwhile, I stayed inside and worked on cleaning the kitchen {those dishes caught up with me!} and doing laundry.

That afternoon, we went to a joint graduation party for my cousins, Tyler & Blake. Well, my dad farms, so on the way, we stopped in the wheat field so Super Cooper could go on a ride in the combine.

Unfortunately, PaPa Sam was driving the crop to the elevator and unable to take Coop for his first ride. However, my cousin, Trent, was driving and took us for a spin. Coop loved it! Great pictures to come :)

Coop was a complete angel at the graduation party. He's been experiencing a bit of separation anxiety lately, so I was pleased that he did so well being passed around. My cousin and his wife are expecting, and she did a great job with him, even walking him around until he fell asleep for a nap! Everyone commented on how I starve him, too.

We had such a great time, and hubby and my older cousins ended up playing beer pong and flip cup with some of the graduates. Oh my. I was the responsible one who only drank 2 margaritas over a course of about six hours.

After sleeping in, we had a pretty lazy Sunday morning, watching TV and just lounging around. After lunch, we decided to head outside to do some work in our landscaping. A couple of the bushes died in the heat last year, so we had pulled them and we moved a couple others to replace them. Over the next two weeks, I'll be doing a lot of watering and keeping my fingers crossed they take root!

We had the cutest little supervisor :) And sadly, the only photo from the weekend accessible to me right now. The rest are on the big camera.


After dinner and dishes, we had time to watch the season finale of NCIS {finally! hated the last five minutes though :( } before I headed off to bed. Our summer schedule of working 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. began today, so I figured I needed all the rest I could get.

Hope you all had a fabulous weekend!

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. You are such a trooper to work those hours. I struggle to work just 8-5 with no kids, and I think that's bad. I guess I shouldn't complain. ;)
    That picture of Coop is so adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love comments :)