Pages

8.24.2012

Cooper:: Nine months!

In true Mother of the Year fashion, I'm posting this a day late. Just keepin' it real.

Three quarters of a year. Wow. How is that even possible?


Baby boy, you are definitely on the move now. If there is somewhere you want to be or something you want, you can most definitely get to it! This obviously causes a little frustration for mama and dada as we aren't used to it yet, but we're learning how to keep things out of your grubby little paws.



You crawl all over the place now, and we often will get down on the floor and crawl with you, or cheer you on. Walking is in your very near future, I believe, since you cruise around quite a bit, around the coffee table, or pushing things like bar stools. Ms. Robin says she's always worried you are going to end up bruised, because sometimes you try to stand on your own and end up falling. All in good time, my little man.




You continue to babble, and last weekend, you finally figured out how to say "mama." I'm not sure if you've connected the fact yet that I am your mama, but it still melts my heart.



You weigh around 20 lbs. and I'm not sure how tall you are - we don't go to the doctor for another week and a half. You wear a Size 3 diaper and a mix of 6-9 and 9-12 month clothes.

We installed your new car seats earlier this month - it was getting way too hard for mama to lug you around in the big seat!

Cooper, you LOVE to eat. If you are fussy, we can give you the sippy cup and some puffs and you become content. You are eating three meals and a couple of snacks every day - usually oatmeal or yogurt mixed with bananas for breakfast, veggies for lunch, and turkey, chicken, or spaghetti for supper. You will eat anything, but definitely have your favorites. I'm still breastfeeding you, and you nurse first thing in the morning, take a 6 ounce bottle around 11 a.m., 4 ounces with your lunch around 1 p.m., and another 4 ounces around 4:30 p.m., then nurse before bed.



You like to crawl around underneath the table {especially after meals at Ms. Robin's!} to see if you can find any crumbs. I like to call you Scrappy :) 

You continue to be an amazing sleeper, going to bed between 8 & 9 and waking around 7 every day. On the weekends, we try to keep you up late and you sleep in a little later as well :) In the mornings, I often walk into your room and you are just standing in the crib, waiting.



We've been taking you out in the jogging stroller some evenings, and you seem to really like riding around with your Max dog. Sometimes, you fall asleep because it's so exhausting to watch Mommy & Daddy work out!

You really love animals, and I can already tell what a sweet heart you are going to be. You reach out to pet Coco, Jax or Doc whenever they are nearby. You giggle at your Jax horse :) You really like going to the farm, and riding on the big machinery with your PaPa.




Teething has hit you hard again the past couple weeks. One of your eye teeth just popped through, with the other one looking like it's ready to break the gums any day now.

You are such a sweet little boy and a wonderful gift from God. You've captured my heart in a way I never thought was possible. It's so weird, but I can't fathom your Grandma and PaPa loving me the way I love you, but I know it's true now. I love you to the moon and back!


Pin It




1 comment:

  1. Wow, how fast he has grown!! What a cutie! This is where the fun begins, being mobile is a big milestone!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love comments :)