- "Temperatures in the 70s ... that's short-sleeve weather, right?" (Yes, I had to ask my huband, I forgot what warm weather was like.)
- "No! Mine!" (My son, while he was "driving" the tractor and I tried to help him turn the wheel)
- "Cooper, I can tell you have been playing outside today. You stink. I love it." (No extra words needed, right? And where can I bottle up that little boy smell?)
- "Where are you headed today, ma'am?" (Delta employee when we checked in for our flights a few weeks ago. Me: "Memphis....(I note his odd look)... Oh shoot, I'm in Memphis. Vegas. We're heading to Vegas."
- "This is like sex," My husband, after biting into his burger at Serendipity.
- "Gookie (aka cookie)," Yes, my son has realized that impressing his parents by talking will earn him brownie points, AKA bits of chocolate chip cookies.