Pages

9.16.2013

Weekend wrapup


I've gotten out of doing weekend wrapups, which I really hate. I know it's not the best blog reading material, but I love being able to look back at the random things we do.

So ...

Friday night was super low key. Since none of us were totally recovered yet, we just lounged around the house and watched TV. I'd had a super yummy lunch while out and about that day, so I skipped supper all together and the boys enjoyed burgers and fries.

I also did a bit of baking for the next day. My new nephew was being baptized (his family lives 6 hours away, so it's easier for them to come to us rather all the family go to them) so cupcakes were part of my contribution.

Saturday morning, we slept in. Yay! As I mentioned in his recent post, Cooper is quite the fan of French toast and I had a slice of it left, so I heated it up for his breakfast. Meanwhile, I did eggs and toast for J and I. Long story short, Cooper finished his food before I could sit down and was yelling Eggs! Toast! so I gave him my food and got up to make another plate for myself. I love you, kid.

The baptism was great (still waiting on photos) except the fact that my demon child apparently thought he was the entertainment. You can tell we don't take him to church regularly. And since hubby had still been running a fever the night prior, he figured it was best to skip out so as not to potentially spread germs to the little ones. Which means I got to deal with little man all on my own. Yay. Afterwards, my parents hosted a little luncheon, so it was great to hang out ... even though I have no photos to document it, since I left the phone in my car.

After a quick nap and outfit change, it was time to head back to town for a wedding reception. Y'all. My kid was cracking me up. A little 3-year-old (I think) fell in love with him. She kept pulling him to the dance floor, kissing him, chasing him, etc. It was so adorable. But I think he was a little traumatized. J and I were just glad to find someone with just as much energy as Cooper who could chase him. Ha! Once we got home and tucked Little Mister into bed, hubby and I enjoyed a couple beers on the porch.

 
Which brings us to Sunday. As per usual, it was dedicated to cleaning and grocery shopping. Hubby was able to get some work done outside, such as trimming our shrubbery, which looks 10 times better!

I'm also working to do a better job menu planning. So, here's what's on tap for the week:

Sunday: Stew meat w/gravy, mashed potatoes, corn
Monday: Bacon cheeseburger pie, tomatoes
Tuesday: Fish stick sandwiches, mac & cheese
Wednesday: Round steak w/rice, green beans
Thursday: Leftovers
Friday: Frozen pizza
Saturday: Leftovers








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love comments :)