Pages

5.05.2014

Weekend wrap-up

Is it seriously Monday already? I feel sorta hungover from the weekend!

Our house has been seriously neglected lately with all sorts of other extracurriculars and such going on, so on Friday night I got home and started in on some laundry and house cleaning. I can't remember the last time I dusted and vacuumed our master and I could feel stray hair on the carpet when doing yoga (gross, I know) so I really devoted time to getting it all cleaned, as well as hanging up the mountains of laundry just thrown on the cedar chest at the end of our bed.

When I did my long run on Thursday night, I noticed that my feet were really starting to hurt. I've had the shoes I was wearing since October so knew it was time to replace them. Hubby needed a new pair as well, so we went to Cape for some shopping Saturday morning! I got Asics Kayonos and LOVE them. (But not so much the price tag)


There was a good sale at Old Navy and I picked up a couple pairs of shorts since the ones I have are getting pretty baggy (a good problem to have!) They were actually two sizes smaller than what I thought I would need, so needless to say, I was shocked!

New shorts! And they don't fall off :)
Once we got home, I took a nap and then just hydrated and chilled in prep of my Glow Run that night. I had a protein bar for a "snack" and also did some yoga to get stretched.

The run was great in that the weather was amazing and I made my goal of running it in under 27 minutes. However, I had some complaints. It was a fundraiser for a local Girl Scouts camp, so intended as more of a fun run. Well, they let the little girls take off at the same time (from the front of the starting line) as the serious runners, and that was tough, as I practically tripped over at least three. Part of the course had you loop around a pond - but the volunteer there didn't have most of the runners go around! I had listened to the route info and often run this trail so I know what it takes to hit 3.1 miles, but it was still frustrating as I had no idea where I was in terms of place. Oh well. After the run, we went to the local Mexican place, and I had yummy steak tacos!


Sunday morning we tried to sleep in, but a certain monkey had a different idea. It was very warm and got up to almost 90 degrees! Hubby went for a morning run and I worked on a freelance job and around the house. That afternoon, we went to Lowe's to get some plants for our front flower beds, and then I sent the boys home and went grocery shopping solo. It was like a vacation, y'all.


Once I got home hubby had most of the flowers planted. It was getting a bit late, so we decided to hold off on the last seven (he planted 10 while I was shopping and putting groceries away) so we could go ahead and grill. And it was still 8 by the time we ate.


Thankfully, we filled up the grill so we have lots of leftovers, which means less cooking for me this week and will hopefully keep the house a bit cooler. Here's this week's menu plan.

Sunday: Ribeye steaks, cheesy potatoes on the grill, corn on the cob
Monday: Grilled venison burgers, sweet potato fries
Tuesday: Grilled chicken, quinoa, salad
Wednesday: Spaghetti (spaghetti squash for me, noodles for the boys), salad
Thursday: Beef stroganoff in the crock pot, Brussels sprouts
Friday: Leftover spaghetti (I may do actual noodles since my 10K is Saturday morning!0
Saturday: Leftovers




Pin It


 

 

 


1 comment:

  1. Having to replace clothes because they're too baggy is ALWAYS a good problem to have!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love comments :)