Pages

1.06.2015

2014 In Review

Linking up with Nicole from Three 31 for the Finish This linkup

 
What did you do in 2014 that you've never done before?
Worked out consistently and lost 30 lbs!
 
Did you keep your new years’ resolutions?
My main goal for the year was to focus and yes, I think I did. I not only lost weight, but also got to a point in life where I just let things go. 
Will you make more for next year?
I'm trying to choose a word again for this year. My main goal is to have a baby and adjust. 
Did anyone close to you give birth?
Actually no. 
Did anyone close to you die?
Thankfully no one.
What countries did you visit?
Still without a passport. We did have a weeklong trip to California which was very nice. 
What would you like to have in 2015 that you lacked in 2014?
A baby and a nice, long maternity leave.

What date from 2014 will remain etched upon your memory?
September 23 - positive pregnancy test!

What was your biggest achievement of the year?
A total lifestyle change that resulted in my losing weight and becoming healthier. 

What was your biggest failure?
Not blogging enough to keep this little journal of our life.

Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing big. It was a good year.

What was the best thing you bought?
T25. Yes, I realize that makes me sound like a dork but it's so true. That's the workout that really got me into shape, made me a better runner, etc.

Whose behavior merited celebration?
Cooper Michael. He's far from perfect, but grown so much!

Where did most of your money go?
To my vehicle, but it's three years old and paid for, so total win.

What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My little June baby :)

What song will always remind you of 2014?
All About that Bass by Megan Trainor

Compared to this time last year, are you:
Happier or sadder?
Happier.

Thinner or fatter?
Thinner, actually. Down about 20 lbs from where I was this time a year ago and comfortably wearing clothes that were tight then. But that will change as we get closer and closer to June.

Richer or poorer?
Richer.

What do you wish you’d done more of?
Reading

What do you wish you’d done less of?
Stressing in general

How did you spend Christmas?
Christmas Day with my little family, per usual. We did gifts, had presents, played, went to Hardees for lunch (we've done this at least six years) and just relaxing. We celebrated with J's family on Christmas Eve, my extended family the Saturday after, and my immediate family the Monday after.

Did you fall in love in 2014?
More and more with my hubby and baby boy.

Who were your best friends?
Jimmy, Jessi, Bel, Christine, Liz, Ashleigh

What thing did you do that was meaningful to others?
I'm not really sure .... a lot of people told me they were inspired and encouraged by my weight loss, commitment to running, etc. so I guess I'll go with that.

What were your favorite TV programs?
Wheel of Fortune, Hostage, Criminal Minds ... really anything CBS but these were my faves

What was the best book you read in 2014?
Gone Girl

What did you want and get?
To pay off my car - hubs helped with the last payment!

What did you want but did NOT get?
Wireless earbuds

What were your favorite films this year?
I really didn't see that much

What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 29 and we ... went to dinner?

What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I can't think of anything!

What kept you sane?
Working out. It was always my "me" time.

Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I can't think of anyone - I'm boring and don't follow the celebrity gossip like I used to.

What political issue stirred you the most?
Riots in Ferguson

Who do you miss?
I hate that I have friends who live so far away, but thank God for group texts and other ways to keep in touch.

Who are the best new persons you met this year?
I  have a really great co-worker who could be my mom, but we're very alike and I love chatting with her. (Lisa!)

Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2014.
Just to let it go sometimes.

Quote that sums up your year:
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson





Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love comments :)