Pages

1.09.2015

2015: Grace

A week into the New Year and I've finally settled on a resolution of sorts.

Last year, like so many, I just chose a word for the year of all the things I wanted to encompass. My word was "focus" and I think I did a pretty good job on it.

This year, I struggled. I often joked that my one goal for the year is to have a baby. Then I really thought about all that encompasses and came up with the perfect word: Grace.


Giving myself grace to gain weight I worked so hard to lose just a year ago.

Giving myself grace in accepting that I'll never be the perfect parent, but I'm perfect for my kid(s).

Giving myself grace to not do EVERYTHING for this kid that I did for Coop (I have a toddler this time, it's a different time in my life, etc. Except this one will get a MUCH longer maternity leave with mama.)

If nursing for a full year just isn't in the cards, it will be OK, and I need to give myself the grace of finding whatever the solution works for our family at this time.

Giving myself grace if the house isn't always clean and tidy. (This is always a bad one for me, and with a newborn and threenager, I know will be even worse!)

Give myself grace if it's 5 p.m. and I have no idea what's for supper so we turn to frozen pizza, chicken nuggets, etc.

And whatever else it entails. Having a baby, whether it's your first or second, is a huge life change, and I'm hoping to handle it as well as possible!

What are your New Year's resolutions? Any one word that you want to focus on in 2015?


Pin It


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love comments :)