Pages

1.15.2015

BabyR2: 20 weeks (halfway there!)

How far along: Twenty weeks. Officially at the halfway point!

How big is the baby: A banana! Baby weighs about 10.5 ounces and is 10 inches from head to toe, which is how he/she is now measured (up until this point, it's from crown to rump.) Baby is swallowing more these days, which is good for the digestive system. Also beginning to produce meconium.


Weight gain/loss: Up 11 lbs. and actually not bummed about it, considering all the crap food I've eaten over the course of the week between hubby's vacation and our trip to Nashville.

Sleep: Pretty good. Hotel sleep wasn't the greatest (is it ever?) but no real complaints.

Diet/Cravings/Aversions: Nothing comes to mind other than fruit. Especially berries. I want ALL THE BERRIES!


Gender: I don't see this baby as anything but a girl. C says "baby sister in Mommy's belly" and we also call her Baby Margaret (any other Daniel Tiger fans out there?) No, Margaret isn't even on the list we are considering but it's fun to see the look on people's faces when we say that (for the record, I think it can be a very sweet name but some people don't think so!)

Movement: Feeling more and more but still nothing regular.


Worries: My anatomy scan is next week and I think I'm just ready to have that done and, God-willing, a good report! I took those meds early in pregnancy and am not too worried about it but still a little concerned.

The belly: About the same. Getting closer to maternity clothes - I wore some jeans over the weekend and may bring up the tote to try some of my nicer, dressy clothes this weekend. My regular clothes are tight with a muffin top, bigger clothes may or may not fit so I'm actually ready for maternity clothes. And really ready for spring/summer so I can wear more dresses!
 

 

I pulled my loose-fitting shirt tighter to show the bump, and I think between that and the ruffles it makes the clothed shot look a bit bigger! 
 
 


What I'm Loving: I can't think of anything special. Just cruising along.

Symptoms: Tired and a dry throat. Maybe sinuses? Also I've had a lot of pain in my legs, specifically the calves ... feels like I belted out five miles the day before. I read that this may be connected to sciatic pain and will be asking about that next week!

Milestones: I'm halfway there!

What's different this time: Probably just more achiness. I thought that losing weight would make for a really great pregnancy (I really didn't have much to complain about last time) but I'm much more sore and achy.

What I'm looking forward to: The anatomy scan!

Best moment of the week: Getting some time away with my hubs.

Pin It


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love comments :)