Pages

12.22.2009

All about Christmas!

I can't believe it's only three days until Christmas!
My family actually usually celebrates Christmas Eve, so J and I have Christmas Day to ourselves - when we'll relax, play with our new toys, and clean to get ready for weekend festivities and the NYE party we plan to host.
I thought this survey looked fun. So ...




1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Definitely paper. If you look under my tree, there are only two bags. I hate opening a bag - paper is so much more fun to rip into! - so I don't like to give bags, either.

2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial

3. When do you put up the tree? Depends. As soon as possible - I love decorations and I buy a lot of gifts on Black Friday, so they need a place to live :)

4. When do you take the tree down? A week or so into January. I'm Catholic and the church celebrates Christmas until Presentation Sunday, which is two Sundays after Christmas - and I use that as an excuse to keep things up as long as possible!


5. Do you like eggnog? sometimes

6. Favorite gift received as a child? That's a hard one - especially because my parents rarely gave us toys, but more clothes and books. I'm sure it would have been something Barbie though :)

7. Hardest person to buy for? My Dad

8. Easiest person to buy for? Jimmy

9. Do you have a nativity scene? One on the entryway table and then a nativity shadow light

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Just something that wasn't my taste

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I try to shop through the year - but really hit it Black Friday

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? don't think so

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Roast beef and gravy and potatoes!

16. Lights on the tree? of course!

17. Favorite Christmas song? Do I have to choose just one? Gloria, Silent Night, Mary Did You Know ... 

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? 
stay for the most part

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Dasher and Dancer and Prancer and Vixon, Comet and Cupid and Donner and Blitzen ... and Rudolph!

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? angel

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? both - different traditions

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? nhe weight gain!

23. Favorite ornament, theme, or color? 
No real favorites. But my grandma gave me an ornament every year, so I have a mostly full tree!

24. Favorite for Christmas Dinner? Roast beef and gravy with mashed potatoes

25. What do you want to do for Christmas this year? Enjoy my house!


26. Favorite Christmas tradition growing up? Christmas Eve at my grandma's while we stuffed ourselves, opened presents, went to Mass, then came back and stuffed ourselves again!

27. Favorite tradition now? Well, one year earlier in our relationship J and I spent the day together and neither of us felt like cooking so we went out looking for food. The only place open was Hardee's, so we've made a bit of a tradition of going there for lunch :)


28. Favorite Christmas Memory? I can't pick just one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love comments :)