Pages

12.14.2010

Christmas questions

I've seen this on a couple of blogs and decided to fill it out today :)


1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Definitely wrapping paper. Yes, it's work, but so much more fun to rip into. And, it looks pretty pretty under the tree!

2. Real tree or Artificial? I've never had a real one. I'd like to, some year.

3. When do you put up the tree? Weekend after Thanksgiving-first weekend of December. The sooner, the better for me!

4. When do you take the tree down? Depends. I was raised Catholic, so I argue the Christmas season technically isn't over until Epiphany, which is Jan. 6. I try to get it down by J's birthday, which is Jan. 9.

5. Do you like eggnog? Yup

6. Favorite gift received as a child? My parents were boring and gave us clothes and stuff like that. But I still have a lot of the timeless gifts like board games, etc.

7. Hardest person to buy for? My parents. They are so simple and can afford to buy anything they want.

8. Easiest person to buy for? Jim. I pretty much can just walk into Sears and be safe.

9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Snail mail. But I've decided not to send them out this year.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? A sweater that my sister gave me. The sweater wasn't bad, but she got it off my mom, who bought the shirt while we were shopping together.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. Hands down.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I try to do it through the year.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Just dirty Santa ones

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Mashed potatoes with kettle beef and gravy! My grandma made this for every holiday and now my uncle, who does our family Christmas, keeps the tradition going! Oh, and my aunt makes THE BEST sugar cookies!

16. Lights on the tree (colored or clear)? Clear, definitely.

17. Favorite Christmas song? All of them. But I love the Church-y ones, like O Holy Night, Silent Night, etc.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Yes. Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen and of course, Rudolph!

20. Angel, star or ribbon on top of tree? Angel :)

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Morning. But this year, we're going to start doing Christmas Eve pajamas. 


22. Favorite children's Christmas song? I Want A Hippopotomus For Christmas

23. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? All the scrooges who won't get in the holiday spirit. Blech.

24. Favorite ornament theme or color? Silver and red :) I plan to hit the after-Christmas sales this year and get a small tree and some black and gold ornaments so I can have a Mizzou tree next year, though. 

25. Turkey or ham on Christmas day? Neither. Kettle beef and gravy!

26. What do you want for Christmas this year? To win the lottery :) Haha, just sunglasses


27. Does anyone in your family dress up as Santa? No.

28. Age you discovered who Santa was? I don't really remember.

29. Eggnog, hot chocolate, or apple cider? All of the above

30. Traditional colors (red and green) or other colors? Red, green, silver and gold! Blue can be very pretty too!

31. Do you have any Christmas decorations on your roof? No :(

32. How does Santa get into your house? Chimney or magic key? Since we don't have kids, he meets me to drop off items :)

33. Do you prefer gifts or gift cards? Gifts, unless the cards are to be used toward a larger purchase.

34. Favorite children's Christmas Cartoon? Rudolph/Frosty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love comments :)