Pages

12.13.2010

Weekend wrap-up

Whew, what a weekend!


{Friday}
I've been wanting to see the movie Tangled, so we bundled up and went to the show. We loved it! Of course, having horses ourselves made it a bit funnier, but it was a great movie, even for a couple of "grown ups" without kids. 

Here we be, ready for the show!


Since I had to work Saturday morning, we headed home early, where J watched TV and I slept on the couch :)

{Saturday}
Went to work, and it was raining cats and dogs by the time I left! I ended up going home to nap and clean up the kitchen, then we went up to Cape. On Cyber Monday, I purchased some gifts for Jimmy from Sears, and one (a floor jack) was delivered when he was home in the original packaging. Well, last weekend when we cleaned out the garage I decided to let him dig into it a month early (it's a birthday present) and we found one part was bent, so we took it to the store for an exchange. While there, we made a couple more purchases, and I think I can finally say I'm done with J's Christmas shopping. From there, we went to Hobby Lobby, aka Heaven on Earth, to pick up a couple other items I needed to buy, and ate at BGs. BEST potato skins, hands down — served with a ton of cheese. I think I gained a pound just thinking of them :) 

{Sunday}
We woke up to SNOW! They were forecasting flurries, but our meteorologists are always wrong, so I thought nothing of it. It was very windy, but beautiful. 
The horses weren't too thrilled though, and were bucking and being silly. I snapped a few pics during the morning feeding.

Doc

Our little snowdog :)


The rest of the day, we just chilled, watching movies and wrapping presents. I made some yummy baked potato soup ...


And I also did some crafting/projects I've needed an extra set of hands for. First up was attaching the ribbon for my niece's hairbow holder :)


And then we finally found a use from the seashells from our beach trip a year and a half ago. I took this old frame I was about to throw away, we used the hot glue gun to attach the shells and some sand and stuck in a picture from the trip. Right now it's in the main bathroom, which is done in a beach-y theme. 


And of course, we wrapped up our Sunday night with The Amazing Race, as usual. I REALLY wanted Jill and Thomas to win, but Nat and Kat (the winners) were my second pick, so I'm cool with that. 

How was your weekend?

1 comment:

  1. Uh, I am SO jealous that you had BG's. My husband is from STL and the very first time I took him to Cape I took him to BG's. Now he is hooked, too. It is almost worth driving the 2 hours down to get them.

    Dang it . . . now I just can't stop thinking about them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love comments :)