Pages

1.24.2012

Eleven


Elizabeth tagged me for this fun link-up last week! If you don't already follow her, you should totally go check out her blog!

The Rules
1. You must post the rules.


2. Post 11 fun facts about yourself on the blog post.


3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post.


and then create 11 new questions for the people you tagged.


4. Tag 12 people and link them on your post.


5. Let them know you've tagged them!


**************************************************
11 Fun (or not so fun) Facts:
 1. in the summer, i can eat wilted lettuce by the bowl. and it grosses my husband out. you basically clean the lettuce (I like romaine and other types fresh out of the garden), chop up some radishes and crumble bacon, then top with a vinegar-oil mixture and "wilt" with hot bacon grease. yum. and SO healthy - ha!
2. i call myself the "dog whisperer" because i have real conversations with hank dog and tell hubby what hank says. and now that i'm a mommy, i know *exactly* what Cooper is saying, too.
 3. i look forward to getting my hair cut more than is probably socially acceptable.
 4. i sometimes go for weeks without shaving my legs. these days it's better though, because i feel like bath time is my only "me" time.
 5. in the past two months, i've changed from one pair of pajamas into another more than i care to admit.
 6. i've begun dvr-ing my favorite soaps and watching them while feeding coop.
 7. we saw one of our nursery nurses at walmart on sunday and i wanted to run up and say hi. but i restrained myself. (LOVED HER!!!)
 8. we watch way too much HGTV in our house. i mean, we love our home, but it's so fun to see others :)
 9. i can polish off a bag of gummy bears in one sitting. now i'm thinking of going to buy a bag ...
 10. i spent big money on a good camera and primarily use my iPhone for pictures. seriously. i pulled it out on saturday and realized it hadn't been used since christmas. whoops.
 11. i still love koolaid. i can easily drink two quarts every day. my favorite is the green lemon lime - just like when i was a kid :) hubby doesn't like that flavor so it's what i make when i don't want to share - since for some reason he doesn't know how to make more when he finishes off a pitcher!
******************************************************************
Elizabeth's questions:

1. what three words best describe you?
Energetic, sensitive and extroverted. I seriously cannot meet a stranger! I'm always up for anything. But my feelings get hurt very easily.


2. if you could change one physical trait about yourself what would it be?
My nose. I just think it's too sloped and point-y. While pregnant, I prayed that baby would not get my nose or hubby's (he doesn't like his either). So far, it looks like Coop got a pretty cute nose!
3. would you go back to high school? middle school?
heck no! i would go back to kindergarten though. I mean, daily naps? Yes, please!


4. what is your favorite gemstone?
I love my birthstone - amethyst.
5. are you a spender or a saver?
Both! For the most part I am a saver, but I like to have good, quality things that last. So while I may shop the sales and use coupons, it's only for things I know we'll use.


6. what is your favorite sports team?
College - anything Mizzou :) Football - the Colts! Baseball - St. Louis Cardinals.


7. if you could live abroad anywhere, where would it be? why?
Tough one! And not sure I can answer! I've said that if I had the money, I would LOVE to go from place to place, living everywhere for a month or more before moving on. Italy is pretty high on the list though ... 8. coke or pepsi?
coke. definitely.9. what is your "go to" meal? care to share the recipe?
Well, when i don't know what to cook, I get out hamburger meat. And it seems that when I still don't know, I make spaghetti. Here's the super-hard recipe (although hubby claims it is the best he's ever eaten!)
- Brown 1 to 1.5 lbs. hamburger meat. I like to season with salt, pepper, and taco seasoning (you can buy it in a shaker at walmart)
- Open a can of the hunts brand sauce. See, I told you it was hard :) We don't like veggies, so I use the meat-flavored.
- Add in a small can of tomato sauce.
- Simmer about 10 minutes.

Dunzo. I serve with noodles (duh) and garlic toast. Sometimes we decide to be healthy and throw in a salad, too.
 10. who is your favorite celebrity?
I really don't have one ...


11. what are you most excited about for 2012?
watching my baby boy grow up!

I think that most of my blog friends have already participated in this or been tagged, so I'm not going to tag anyone. Snoozer, I know. If you haven't, though, please tag yourself! If you have, you can answer some/all of my questions in the comments :)

1 - go back in time or to the future?

2 - what do you eat for breakfast?

3 - you need a new outfit. where can you always find something?

4 - website you couldn't live without?

5 - blonde or brunette?

6 - plastic or paper (when it comes to paying for things)>

7 - best dessert. can you share the recipe?

8 - target or walmart?

9 - favorite photo/one you will always cherish?

10 - if you could pick a 10-degree outdoor temperature range to live in, what would it be?

11 - what would be a great date night?





4 comments:

  1. i heart gummy bears too!

    i can (and have) eaten an entire bag in one sitting. i love haribo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i want to buy a camera with my income tax but i use my phone so often that I don't know if it's worth it lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm definitely a dog whisperer with my sweet Reese too, I totally understand. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. I've never heard of wilted lettuce!
    2. I talk to Milo all the time. :)And share with hubby what Milo is saying back too. haha.
    3. I love the "fresh cut" look - but for some reason I never get myself to the hair salon until I'm way overdue. For instance, I went in September last. :\ And I'm desperate for a cut/highlight right now.
    4. We are complete opposites! I had a friend who shaved her legs every day and I thought she was crazy until I did it. And now stuble makes me crazy. I shave every time I get a bath/shower - which is everyday. :)
    11. I can't tell you the last time I had koolaide and now I want some! We get the Great Value Sugar free Cherry all the time from Walmart. Tastes like koolaid, tastes like it has sugar but doesn't and it's 0 calories! I make it with a tad less water than it calls for and it's so good. We go through it pretty fast.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love comments :)