Pages

1.30.2012

miscellany monday

Linking up @ lowecase letters.

{1} The hubs and I went out for a bit on Saturday night. Some friends went to Buffalo Wild Wings for a birthday dinner and my parents always more or less beg for time with Coop, so we went out to eat. Delish. Our local franchise was also celebrating five years in business on Saturday, so we came home with some new T-shirts (yay pajamas!), Budweiser hats, and I won a cool Bud Light UFC octagon-shaped cooler.

Mister Cooper did well and they got him to bed just before we got home (around 11). He had A LOT to eat, so hubby and I were shocked when he woke up crying around 12:30 a.m. - Coop never wakes up and is that loud. I went in Cooper's room to rub his stomach and kiss him and he was OK a couple minute then started in again, so I sent hubby to do the same. After that, Coop was fine. I thought it was sweet but sad - like since we weren't home to put him to bed he still wanted his good night loves.

{2} Coop is growing so quickly and I hate that he's outgrowing clothes. NB to 0-3 didn't really bother me, because he only had a handful of newborn clothes, but now that he's too tall for the 0-3 sleepers with feet, I am very sad. I kinda refuse to pack them up. I am, however, excited to get him in some of his super cute 3-6 month clothes. This is what he wore while we went shopping yesterday ... oh my cuteness!



{3} I've mentioned before how much Cooper loves his swing, AKA the magician. Well, yesterday he was just a swingin' and hubby came to get me. Coop was looking in the mirror, making faces and smiling at himself. Too cute! Of course when I moved a bit closer to get a picture, he turned and smiled at me. Melts my heart.



{4} This morning I heard the song "In My Daughter's Eyes" by Martina McBride and it made me think of Coop. He really does make me want to be a better person.

When he wraps his hand around my finger,
How it puts a smile in my heart,
Everything becomes a little clearer,
I realize what life is all about,
It's hanging on when your heart is has enough,
It's giving more when you feel like giving up,
I've seen the light,
In my son's eyes.
(Changed to he/his :))

{5} I LOVE the Prime country station on XM. I'm really going to hate it when our complimentary subscription expires next month. 

{6} I tried out a couple of new Pinterest recipes over the weekend.




These were SO good. I'm actually considering doing the egg muffins every weekend so we'll have quick, easy and wholesome breakfasts for the week. I used sausage yesterday, but think ham and bacon would be delish as well ... gotta mix it up :)

{7} I am still on the payroll at my old job at the newspaper as a liaison/freelancer. Well, one of my former coworkers had hand surgery so they've asked me to help out however possible. So last week I clocked about 14 hours. (But five of those weren't in full - I stop at the local police station to look through the incident reports every morning and claim a full hour, although it's typically only 15 or so minutes a day.) I'm going to love the extra money, but it's rough doing it! Especially when I'd rather spend all my time with a cute little boy who likes to smile :)

{8} I'm wearing a dress today because I have no clean work-appropriate pants that fit. Ugh.

{9} Life is kinda blah. I really wish there were some holiday/time off work between now and March 14, when our spring break begins. I guess my birthday is next week, but it hasn't been made into a national holiday yet.

{10} Speaking of my birthday, I have no real idea what I want. I had the same problem with Christmas. I think it would be nice to have some new clothes though. Shirts for my post-baby body. Because things are still pretty lose. I'd love a treadmill, but that's a HUGE investment that we honestly cannot afford right now.

So ... how was your weekend?


Pin It



6 comments:

  1. he has the best smile!!

    and egg mcmuffins are my weakness. sadly i could probably eat one each day for breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think packing up their outgrown clothes is one of the hardest things to do. I still have a few 0-3 months clothes hanging in Emerson's closet because I just don't want to put them away. I am dying over his little overalls. Too sweet for words!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coop's overalls are soo cute! I'd hold on to that extra cash if you can, it always helps! I've thought about trying to find a little something extra too but haven't been able to find something flexible with time yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a major weakness for overalls. It's bad. Grayson has about 5 pair already? Maybe more? Therefore, a VERY adorable Cooper in overalls = sweetness overload. LOVE it! :)

    Those cinnamon biscuits- holy yum do they look amazing. I actually have 2 cookie recipes to make this week. But now I have to add the biscuits to my list too.

    Yay for your birthday coming up! J's too soon right? I hope you get the clothes you need!

    I have way too many 0-3 month onsies. I can already tell that he won't get to wear them all before he grows out of them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my- those overalls and your son are adorable! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. he's getting sooo big and adorable! love all the recipes on pinterest~! i'm addicted!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love comments :)