Pages

1.26.2012

This & That

  • We took Mr. Cooper to the doctor for his two month well check on Tuesday. That boy is a flirt! He was smiling at our doctor the whole time. Stats: 23.25 inches (50th percentile); 12 lbs. 5 ounces (75th percentile) and a head circumference of 38 cm. (25th percentile). Boy's growing - and about the size now that I was at four months!
  • He had three shots and also had to down an immunization for Rotovirus. I am SO thankful that hubby was able to come to this appointment, because seeing my baby get shots absolutely killed me. Mental note: wear waterproof mascara next time! As soon as he was done, I nursed for about five minutes, and then we had lots of cuddles the rest of the night.
  • This was our first appointment with his new doctor. We did not care for the pediatrician and ended up getting in with the family doctor like we'd wanted in the first place. It went very well and I felt a lot more support with my decision to breastfeed from this doctor.
  • Speaking of breastfeeding, I totally eat like a teenage boy right now. Whenever I quit nursing, I will be in BIG trouble. Yesterday, I decided I wanted a side salad to go with my sandwich for lunch. And I ended up ordering a hot apple pie also. Balance, people. Over the past week, we've made cookies at 8 p.m. three times. Oh, and this morning I decided I needed a snack before it was even 9 a.m.
  • Does anyone have HEALTHY snack ideas? It can't be too time-consuming because I am pretty much going from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. every day as it is, but I'd love to get away from the cheese crackers, granola bars, chips, trail mix and pretzels if I can - or at least do it in more moderation.
  • So I've mentioned my love for Amazing Race and Big Brother on here before, yes? But I can't decide how I feel about Brenden & Rachel on Amazing Race. I hated Rachel her first season and liked her last. But the girl seriously annoys me. Wonder if they'll have to do a detour where the floaters need to grab a life vest?
  • While making a diaper order on Amazon the other day before the Amazon Mom program changed, I tried to calculate how many diapers we would need in each size. And I realized that if we use all of our Size 1s which we should - they go to 14 lbs. while Size 2 starts at 12 - we will have used about 500 Size 1s. Yowza.
  • I read about people whose babies only go through five or six diapers a day. How is that possible? Coop typically goes through about four a day while at home, and at least another four while at the sitters. Is it a boy thing?
  • I'm debating what, if anything, I should get for my littlest Valentine this year. Maybe a book ... suggestions?
  • Wouldn't it be nice if we still had nap time, like in kindergarten. Seriously, we had no idea how great life was as kids.
  • I can't believe January is almost over. Seriously? I'm so glad, though, that the winter is going by quickly. I can't wait until summer time!
  • Did I ever mention that we work "summer hours" for two months? 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. will stink, but having every Friday off will be the bomb-diggity.
  • Yes, I just said bomb-diggity.
  • Last week, I made this taco pizza and it was delish! We aren't veggie fans so I just had the biscuits, beans, meat and cheese. I actually thought it was a bit too heavy though, so the second time around, I topped it with sour cream, lettuce and tomatoes. So yummy.
  • OK, time for another snack


6 comments:

  1. I'm horrible about doing this myself, but fresh fruit is a great snack. Strawberries, oranges, bananas?

    Those Summer hours sound terrible.

    Apple pie is so good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that taco pizza sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snacks-apples with peanut butter, celery with peanut butter/raisins, Laughing Cow cheese on whole wheat crackers, homemade trail mix, pistacchios, veggies with hummus

    Glad you switched doctors and that you are more comfortable.

    I make Scott go to all shots appointments. The worst one was when Kanin was around 2 and had to get shots. I had to help hold him down (Scott wasn't there) and the whole time he was saying, "Mommy you hurt me. You give me boo boo" and he was crying. I called Scott hysterically sobbing and told him that I will NEVER EVER do shot days again. The next worst one was kindergarten shots where Kanin had to get 5 shots in one day but he was 5 years old. I couldn't even go back in the room. I was prego with Caleb so I kept Gracie out in the waiting room. I was bawling in the waiting room just knowing that he was going through it. He walked out and had stopped crying but when he saw me, he started up again. Scott was so annoyed. Ha! We then went to eat at Incredible Pizza to make it up to him (Kanin). LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember when I couldn't get enough to eat either!! Luckily, as Tully has grown, my appetite has shrunk, so I'm not still "eating like a teenage boy"! To date, we have used approx 3213 diapers, and Tully is almost 10 months. He went through 15-20 diapers per day in the first few months, and now it's more like 10 per day. Since we dealt with a lot of yeast issues, he was changed almost immediately. Oh, and I am NOT happy with Amazon's new pricing system or the fact that they took away the ability to send extra shipments. Boooo, Amazon. It still beats driving to the store for diapers and wipes though. Glad you found a doc who is supportive of breastfeeding, and I agree, naps and Fridays off are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That first pic of Cooper is the cutest one EVER! I love his little grin!!

    Ideas for snacks.. fruit.. cheese sticks.. baked goldfish are my favorite.. I also keep a huge jar of peanuts at my desk for when I need something to chew on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that first picture is just too sweet for words! oh my goodness that smile is adorable!!! :)

    and i'm like you...i hated brenchel the first time, loved them the second :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love comments :)