Pages

1.02.2012

Tidbits

  • Today is my first day back in the office since Cooper was born. And it majorly blows.
  • Which means today is also Mr. Cooper's first day at daycare. Luckily, hubby is off work today for New Year's, so he was able to drive us both to the sitter's house and I sat in the back seat and cried. Then pulled it together to take Coop inside and talk to his sitter, and cried again on the way home before I went to work. I HATE this. I don't want to stay at home full time (that might be harsh, but it's true, I'm a bit too social) but I'd really love a couple more weeks.
  • This morning - 1.2.12
  • Hubby is taking me to lunch today. We're going to either BWWs or Mexican - basically a non-baby friendly place.
  • I had my postpartum checkup last week (a little early at only five weeks) and everything looks great. I was given the OK to start exercise again so I'm hoping to finally run a 5K this year (hopefully April) and lose those 10-15 lbs. I wanted to get rid of before we knew about Cooper.
  • I hoped to get an IUD at the appointment but I have a weird body and they couldn't get it placed. Seriously - I actually went back on Friday and the doctor who saw me then said I was the first person she hasn't been able to place one in.
  • Before my appointment on Thursday, I met with the lactation consultant for some tips when it comes to maintaining my supply, etc. while back at work. While there, we weighed Cooper and it looks like he is up to about 11 lbs. 9 ounces. Such a big boy ...
12.30.11 - my boy loves Mizzou! And look at him sitting up all strong :)

  • Speaking of breastfeeding, if you would have told me two months ago I would come to love it this much and be so dedicated to it, I would have called you crazy. However, I have had a pretty easy time with it (I broke down the weekend after Coop was born and my milk came in because it was SO PAINFUL!!!) so I'm sure I can attribute that to it. I feel very blessed that it's something we are able to do because I know not all women can. Plus it's a huge money saver!
  • Hubby's birthday is next Monday. And he already knows what his gift is - in fact, he bought it (with my debit card!) because Cooper was having a fit and needed to be fed ASAP. I have no idea how we will celebrate the day.
  • We have been spending entirely too much at the grocery store lately. I guess it doesn't help that I'm eating for two ... Some days, I feel like I should eat heathier, but it seems like no matter what I eat, it all goes to the milk.
  • Then again, my five-week old has about five ounces in his bottles. Which he seems to demand every three to four hours
  • My five-week old is also working on sleeping through the night! He was down from 10 p.m. to 6:30 a.m. one day last week, and went from about 10:30 p.m. to 6:15 a.m. today
  • My cuddle bug also LOVES the mornings. Not sure where that comes from. Today, he was just lying in his crib smiling until I fed him. On weekends, we like to bring him back to bed with us and he'll just smile the entire time. So sweet
  • Hopefully I'll be back soon this week with my goals for the year. For the most part, I just want to survive and continue to soak up every minute I have with my precious boys ...
I love my family! 1.2.12


4 comments:

  1. such sweet pictures! love his little cheeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look wonderful, and the little man is sooo handsome! you look like you've already lost all your baby weight! hope you all had a great new year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Flying on that mommy high! Love all the good news. Coop's precious!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love comments :)