Pages

1.07.2013

Back to work {and randoms!}

After two glorious weeks off, it's back to work for me today. So far, it hasn't been too bad. It helps that we aren't really open to the public today either :) And we are having lunch catered in!

A few other random thoughts on my mind today ...
  • Mister wasn't pleased when we woke him at 7 a.m. Poor babe was squinting his eyes the whole time. Hubby was happy to see Cooper before work though - while on break, I didn't allow him to go in C's room for fear that he would wake the babe and we wouldn't get to sleep in!
  • It's so weird to think ... the first day back after Christmas last year was my first day back from maternity leave. It was Jan. 2 last year. Which was also the day my daycare re-opened from Christmas break this year. I laughed with our sitter that morning about how I was in tears dropping Cooper off just a year ago, and here I didn't even have to send him that day, but I did just to get him out of my hair so I could get some major cleaning and organization accomplished.
  • Daily deal websites will be the death of me & my budget. GroopDealz is one of the worst!
  • I've decided that while I enjoyed break, I could never be an SAHM. The feeling of the house being in worse shape at the end of the day is not one I liked. Maybe I could do some sort of a part-time gig, if we could ever afford it?
  • I've decided to come up with a Baby No. 2 bucket list. Some of these things are practical {like paying off my car} while others are just fun, like finally needing a passport. Any suggestions?
  • During Operation:Clean House I got quite a bit done. I totally cleaned C's room as well as the spare {which netted about four trash bags plus a big box for yard sale} and am pleased that the house is now spic & span.
  • I think I've come up with a good plan of goals for 2013 and I can't wait to share!
  • One of the internal speakers on my iPhone has gone out :( While it's a 4 and I'm ready to upgrade in about a month, I am pretty sure that I could sell it and get $100 or so out of it... but not with a busted speaker! I understand that there have been some problems with these speakers, so I'm figuring I'll spend an hour or so on the phone with Apple later today, getting them to send me a new phone. Totally wish we had an Apple store closer to home!
  • Signs of a future daredevil? I hope not! {Sorry for the blurry iPhone pics ... I was trying to take them while also keep an arm out just in case he lost his balance.}


  • I'm ready for "real TV" to start back up. That being said, I'm also thrilled that with all the reruns, we've cleared about 60 hours off of our DVR in the last two weeks. And now, a little embarassed since I've said it out loud.
  • One thing I want to do this year, especially over the next few months as we are working to save money, is get back into menu planning. I do so much better when I know what we're having and that we aren't getting into ruts. So here's this week's plan:
    • Sunday: Leftover spaghetti, garlic bread, salad
    • Monday: Poppyseed chicken, green beans
    • Tuesday: Fried chicken, potatoes, slaw, biscuits
    • Wednesday: Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, corn, crescent rolls, birthday cake
    • Thursday: Poppyseed chicken leftovers
    • Friday: Meatloaf leftovers
    • Saturday: Oat for hubby's birthday!
Happy Monday :)

Pin It





2 comments:

  1. Clearing out my DVR is one of my most favorite, rewarding activities ever! It's weird- I like to keep my % recorded under 25%! Haha! So don't worry- I totally get how awesome it would be to clear our 60 hrs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super Coop! He's brave already, Mom!

    Your bucket list for #2 is a great idea! We really can't think about a #2 for a few years. I'd love to do the typcial 2 years apart thing which would mean getting pregnant later this year (wow!!) but we just can't afford 2 in day care. So I'm guessing it'll be more like 4 years apart. :(

    Did you get a Warranty with Apple? We didn't get any additional warranty because they were like 100 dollars per phone so ours were only covered for 90 days I think? So if something happens to ours we're left with replacing it if we want another. :(

    I always loved seeing your meal plans! They always make me hungry! Like now, I want spaghetti and garlic bread. :-P

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love comments :)