Pages

1.02.2013

Life lately

A lot has happened in the past couple weeks since I have really blogged, so be prepared for a lot of rambling bullets.
  • I had Cooper home with me for 11 straight days. While I thoroughly enjoyed it, I wanted to pull my hair out more than once. I now have a whole new respect for SAHMs and and those who work in child care. 
  • I had to apologize to our sitter this morning, as Mister Cooper is totally off schedule. We've been sleeping in until at least 9 a.m. every morning and it's been great!
  • Since I am still off work and C is back at daycare, I am taking the rest of the week to do some major cleaning. 
  • Cooper's 13 month update is coming later this week! I debated and went back and forth on whether to continue them, but I think they'll continue until at least 2 years. So much changes every month, and I love having them to go back and reference. 
  • Our Christmas was so wonderful! We were all spoiled and I can't wait to post more! 
  • I'm still debating on whether to make actual resolutions/goals for 2013, or just pick a "word" for the year, like I've seen so many others do. 
  • I haven't really ventured into the stores after Christmas, but I'm thinking that I may run into town to see if there are still any good sales going on. 
  • I need to start eating healthier and working out, but the problem is that I have these really delicious Christmas goodies in my house and I just can't stand to let them go bad!
  • I cooked up a feast for my family for New Year's Day! 
Hog jowl, cabbage, black-eyed peas and fried potatoes! For a year of prosperity and good luck :)
  • And now I'm going to leave you with some fun pictures from my phone :)



Mama's baby elf

Whoever says you can't play dressup with a boy is wrong! Mister helped us haul hay and was even wearing some work boots with his flannel and Levi's. He was such a good boy he got a sucker!

Monkey man!
Hope you have all had a wonderful holiday season as well! I have some great posts in line for you later this week :)




Pin It

2 comments:

  1. That picture of him up on his toy is so funny! Boys will be boys! :) And I love the sucker one. He looks like such a little man!

    I've never heard of hog jowl. Lol.

    Mom and I used to do the after Christmas sales for all our next years Christmas decor and wrap/bags. Unfortunately, I just don't have the money to do it this year. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't eat pork so I changed this tradition a while ago but still make my Southern New Year's Day meal up here in the city: beef polish sausage & kraut, black-eyed peas, cornbread, macaroni and tomatoes and fried potatoes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love comments :)