Pages

1.29.2013

Tuesday randoms

  • I've actually written two blog entries since I last posted but forgot to publish. Whoops.
  • So, last Wednesday hubs had a minor surgery, to remove a nodule from his vocal cord. Everything seems to have gone well and he has a follow up planned for tomorrow. The worst part of it all is that he's been on vocal rest for a week - which is essentially no talking or whispering. Frustrating.
  • Little Mister marked 14 months last Wednesday! Once I get him to sit still for a few pictures, I'll have a little post :)

  • Last week, our college president called a meeting in which he refocused our department. I'm super excited about these changes and feel it will be for the best.
  • The weather here is absolutely crazy. I'm definitely not complaining about temps in the 60s in January, however.

  • I'm really considering purchasing this weekender/garment bag that's being featured on Groop Dealz today. Super reasonable, and I think I need it for our upcoming Vegas trip!

  • If you are a mom of a toddler, or have nieces and nephews, what do you feed them? I feel like, other than lunch/supper, C eats the same food day in and day out. He really loves some foods, like cheese, bananas, cheerios, cherry tomatoes, and applesauce, but I don't want to burn him out. To be honest, he has hot dogs and frozen pizza more often than I care to admit. Also, I have a really hard time with the veggies. HELP!
  • Hubby got a new work truck. We are very excited. I probably looked/sounded like a dork with all my "oohs" and "aahs" but I'm so proud of him. This is his first new truck since he started this role almost eight years ago, and he's grown his route to be the second largest out of his market center, so I am really happy for him.

Why yes, that is a Tonka truck in the driveway :)
  • In addition to the nice weather, I'm really anticipating spring/summer for the garage sales!
  • I'm thrilled that I've done really well on my money/budgeting since posting about attempting to use all cash for my personal purchases, minus gas! Between a check from my freelancing and mileage, I paid all but $200 on our fridge last weekend, and am also paying the facility rental fee for a baby shower I'm helping to host with cash! I'm almost positive I'll have the fridge taken care of in the next few weeks, and then it's on to saving for car insurance (blech), my new iPhone, and Vegas!
  • Working out/eating healthier is going pretty well. I think I'll save all that for a more in-depth post later this week.
Happy Tuesday, friends!

Pin It



 


 


3 comments:

  1. You definitely need that overnight bag set. I think I may check it out too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute bags!
    Congrats to J on the new truck.
    Here are some things Tully eats: strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, cantaloupe, steamed broccoli, sweet potatoes, PB sandwich, deli meat (ham or turkey), yogurt, spaghetti with meat sauce, chicken, pork, granola bars.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That overnight bag set is so cute! Love the chevron print!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love comments :)