Pages

7.12.2010

Zucchini bread

Last week, my aunt and uncle were out of town so my mom took care of their garden. She came home with a bunch of zucchini - something we've never planted - and shared some with me. 
I decided to make some zucchini bread with mine ... the only problem was, I've never made it and had no recipe. Luckily, a co-worker shared her favorite, which turned out to be super delish!
J was a bit apprehensive about zucchini bread as he'd never had it, but the smell got to him and he loved it! In fact, I woke up from a nap to him waving a slice in my face saying "Michelle, you have to try this, it's really good."


Anyhow, here's the recipe:


What you'll need:
- 3.25 cups all-purpose flour
- 1.5 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 cups zucchini, grated
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans


How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 350. In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt, nutmeg, baking soda, cinnamon and sugar. In a separate bowl, combine the oil, eggs, water, zucchini and lemon juice. Mix wet ingredients into dry, add nuts and fold in.
- Bake in two standard loaf pans, sprayed with nonstick spray, for 1 hour, or five to six mini loaf pans for about 45 minutes. 


I made six small pans so I can more easily share my yummies :



J cut into the loaf before I snapped a picture!

** My mom tried this and said she thought it was spicy. I liked it, but if you don't like spice, the nutmeg can be omitted :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love comments :)