Pages

11.24.2010

12 Days of Christmas Blog Challenge: Day 3




Day Three of the Christmas Blogging Challenge! Today we're talking about the most meaningful/best gifts we've received. 

This is a really hard one for me. I've mentioned before that I hate giving gift cards or other presents that I think aren't personal. And the reason for that is because so many people with whom I exchange gifts are the exact same way. There's nothing fun about $25 to Best Buy, unless you've asked for that toward a major purchase. But I still think you need something special.

I think the best gifts, however, are those that my grandmothers have passed down to me. Yes, I know that may make me a dork, but I don't care. My dad's mom, who passed away this year, was great about wrapping seven like items for each of her grandkids, then having us draw numbers. A few years ago, I got the small nativity in this picture. The Christmas tree music box was something from my other grandma. 


Another neat thing my mom's mom did was give us money for our savings account every Christmas, in addition to a small gift. It may not be cool to get money for savings versus the cool new game when you're a kid, but let me tell you, it's definitely nice to have once you are an adult. 

My godmother got me started on Precious Moments, and I still love all of those. As I got older, she would give me money, but always with a small item, like a cool candleholder.

Of course, J has given me so many great gifts. The best of those is my amethyst birthstone ring. I think he went to every jewelry store in Cape before he found the perfect one! He also buys me a lot of "luxury" things I want but would never buy for myself. This year, I'm asking for a pair of nice sunglasses. 

I can't wait to see what's under the tree this year :)

** This may be a shameless plug - but please vote for this project. I know this little girl's family and they've been trying for this grant for so long and I really want them to win! You can vote via Facebook, email AND text message once daily through the end of the month!

2 comments:

  1. Money is a great gift. My sister and I usually get some money or stocks. It is so nice and I think a very thoughtful gift! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these!

    Thanks for linking up! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love comments :)