Pages

9.06.2011

Bumpdate - 29 weeks

As of today, I have about 77 days to go!

Baby R continued to make big changes during his/her 28th week. Then, he weighed around 2 1/4 pounds - about that of a Chinese cabbage - and measured just under 15 inches from the top of the head to the heels.

He can also now blink his eyes, which sport lashes, and with the continued development in eyesight, could be able to see light that filters in through the womb.

Body fat continues to be added, while Baby R is also developing billions of neurons in his/her brain.

I had my blood drawn last week for my glucose test, and passed with flying colors! However, I am slightly anemic (low on iron) so I take a daily supplement for that.

Mama continues to do well, just starting to get tired and swollen a lot more easily. A nasty head cold was going around last week and I ended up catching it and absolutely having to take some medicine (which I haven't done at all since learning I was preggo) to operate. Daddy bought some Tylenol Cold and it has been working wonders! Although I did have a panic attack last night when I realized I hadn't felt her move for awhile. So I shook my belly and got a jab. I guess she was just sleeping :)

I either lost a pound or stayed about the same. I don't remember, ha! I can't remember if I've mentioned it yet, but I did find a stretch mark about three weeks ago :( Since then, I've been practically religious in applying tummy butter morning and night, so it's the only one, and seems to be fading a bit?

The doctor said she is very pleased with my weight gain and everything appears to be right on track. Baby's heart beat is still in the 140s (little stinker!) so no more guesses on the gender. We now go to the dr. every two weeks until I hit 36 weeks, then every week. So I'm sure that will really make time fly.

We've made really good progress on getting the nursery cleaned out over the past week, and could finish it in one night if we really set our minds to it. No big rush though, as I believe it will be J's project in a couple of weekends. We also ordered a dresser for the room. So once it's painted, we just need to have the carpets cleaned and then can assemble the crib and dresser. And I can finally begin washing all the little clothes I've bought Tuff and have a place to put them.

So, here we are this week (taken this morning so I look somewhat presentable, ha!) And I know I've got to get a better camera --- hopefully next week, I just need to decide between Nikon and Canon and if I want an awesome point and shoot or a DSLR. If you love your camera or have any suggestions, please let me know!








1 comment:

  1. You look great! When I saw you have 77 days to go, I thought "holy cow she ONLY has 77 days to go!" Some might think 77 is a lot but not when you're coming from 280ish. Yay! Baby will be here before you know it! I'm so excited for you and can't wait to find out if it's a boy or a girl! Do you have a preference at all? I don't know if I ever asked that or not. Oh, and I have a Canon Rebel Xti and love it. It's easy to use and a really good camera. Kinda expensive though, sometimes you can get a better deal by buying the body only and buying the lens separate. Good luck with your camera buying!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love comments :)