Pages

9.30.2011

This & That

  • I *love* my new job, but I hate not having a budget. Which means I have to go begging for money from someone else's budget. It's kinda frustrating when your asked to do something and get all the information, then that department says they don't have the money for it. And then your boss says to find the money, so you aren't really sure where to go, especially when you're already raising funds for said event.
  • I have a 1-year-old's birthday party to attend tomorrow. And she is seriously spoiled. What do you give the child who has everything - toys, cute clothes and love?
  • I'm also walking in a 1.5-2 mile parade tomorrow. I find it hilarious that everyone is concerned about me walking in it, where walking is one of the best things I can do for myself right now. In fact, that was pretty much the one thing doctor told me to do at our appointment earlier this week.
  • After our walk, I was very swollen. I had to struggle to get my wedding rings off, and you couldn't tell I had ankles. Will a wide width shoe help this? Luckily, it went down while sleeping. But I told hubby he can start calling me Princess Fiona whenever.
  • Carpal tunnel has been bothering me again too.
  • I can feel baby growing so quick! Yesterday, I had THREE morning snacks - a banana, a piece of string cheese, and a couple handfulls of Chex Mix. Yikes.
  • I was at the local police department this morning for work and a detective told me congratulations and asked how far along I was. He was a bit shocked when I told him I only lack about eight weeks. Funny thing is, I talked to him (standing up) twice last week and he didn't notice anything. Some detective work, haha.
  • All of the paint is on the walls in the nursery now! Now on to the trim and the special little flair we are adding :)
  • The carpets are also getting cleaned this weekend. Have I mentioned I want an extra-clean house to bring Tuffy home to?
  • Weekends are filling up so quickly. We have a parade this weekend, a work event I am coordinating next weekend, then childbirth/infant care class the next. I'm ready to just sit at home and prop my feet up.
  • I was at the local carnival the other night during the little kids' pageant. Some of those girls (and I'm told their moms) seriously belong on Toddlers and Tiaras. I think pageants are great in terms of self-esteem, but these girls were wearing so much makeup, and I don't like teaching them life is about being pretty when they are 4 or 5. If I were a judge, I would vote for the girl who actually looked like a 5-year-old. And if my daughter ever wants to do pageants she will, but I refuse to put makeup on her face.
  • Have a good weekend

1 comment:

  1. I was in pageants as a kid. I like them but when I was ready to quit, my mom let me. She wasn't one of those crazies like you see on TV thankfully.

    The walking does you good. Except if it becomes too much and of course you would know when to stop if you had to!

    Sorry I'm late getting to this! I was off Thurs/Fri!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love comments :)