Pages

12.07.2014

Baby R2: 10 weeks

Written 11.05.14

How far along: Ten weeks. A quarter of the way there (obviously the easiest quarter of pregnancy, however)

How big is the baby: A kumquat - a little over an inch long, crown to bottom, and weighing in at less than a quarter of an ounce. Baby is now considered a fetus and has completed the most critical portion of development. Tiny nails are forming on fingers, as well as toes and peach-fuzz hair growing on skin. Baby is swallowing fluid and kicking up a storm! Baby's limbs can bend now.

Weight gain/loss: 0 overall and no change since last week. Not complaining at all, since it's recommended to gain 3 lbs. the first trimester and I've not really exercised at all the past two weeks. BUT with Coop, I lost almost 10 lbs. and didn't have a positive gain until I was about 20 weeks. I keep reminding myself that this is a different pregnancy, I don't feel nearly as sick, and I'm also beginning this pregnancy about 20 lbs. lighter but I'm still freaking out a bit about how much I will gain. I gained 24 with C and would like to do the same with this baby. Definitely no more than 30 lbs.

Sleep: Exhausted and the time change/a toddler who is waking up at 6 a.m. daily doesn't help! I've fallen asleep on the couch while watching TV pretty much every night. I've also been waking up around 2 a.m. needing to pee and absolutely parched, and then it takes about an hour to get back to sleep :/

Diet/Cravings/Aversions: Nothing really specific right now. Turns out last week's breakfast aversion was due to the English muffins (bought a different brand) so I'm back to bacon-egg muffins in the mornings. I'm sick of salad for lunch but chalk that up to eating it pretty much every day for eight months. I'm trying to eat lots of smaller meals to keep the nausea at bay, so I've been bringing fruits and veggies to work. A fave this week is celery and multi-color peppers with light honey mustard. Yummy!

Gender: We'll find out when he/she is born. 

Movement: Nada

Worries: Mostly just that I'm not nearly as sick or symptomatic as last pregnancy. Again, I'm reminding myself that I'm a lot healthier (and less stressed) this time. I'll feel a lot better after tomorrow's ultrasound!

The belly: Poochy at times, but I'm still wearing all of my regular clothes.

 
 
 


What I'm Loving: Being pregnant.  

Symptoms: Exhaustion.

Milestones: We'll start telling family and close friends after tomorrow's ultrasound!

What's different this time: Not being as sick. Having to keep up with a toddler.

What I'm looking forward to: The ultrasound and finally letting the cat out of the bag. I feel like so many people are announcing they are expecting right now and it's so hard to act nonchalant. Especially since some people are announcing at only like 6 weeks. We won't make it "facebook official" until at least 13 weeks though - which falls the week of Thanksgiving, right after Coop's birthday :)

Best moment of the week: This morning we were talking and I had to lift up my shirt for something so I asked Coop what was in my belly. His reply? Baby .... BROTHER! I so want another boy so I hope he's right. I hear that kids often have an intuition, so fingers crossed!


Pin It



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love comments :)