Pages

12.07.2014

Baby R2: 11 weeks

Written 11.11.14

How far along: Eleven weeks! I measured 10 weeks 1 day at my u/s last week (according to my calculations I was 10 weeks, 2 days) so we are on course and sticking with June 2 as a due date!

How big is the baby: The size of a fig - a little over 1.5 inches. Hands will soon open and close into fists, tiny tooth buds are beginning to appear, and some bones are beginning to harden. Baby is already kicking and stretching, as well as hiccupping, but I still can't feel either.

Weight gain/loss: Still 0 overall. Thank goodness. But wondering if some of it is due to muscle loss from not working out? I've decided that growing a baby just really takes it out of me!

Sleep: Very broken. I try to limit my fluid intake in the evening to keep from having to get up to use the bathroom, but it doesn't work. And I typically fall asleep on the couch, which means I have to wake up to get to bed as well.

Diet/Cravings/Aversions: I'm wanting strawberry pop tarts, banana pepper rings and carbs. Anything with carbs.

Gender: We'll find out when he/she is born. Honestly? I'm torn and kind of want to know. I've kept all of Cooper's things, but we are so screwed when it comes to clothes either way since he was a November baby. So I'd like to be able to go through and get rid of the items that clearly won't work and have some appropriate ones for R2. But hubby says no. Since I'll have a growth u/s around 37 or 38 weeks, I may talk hubs into finding out then :)

Movement: Nada

Worries: I've touched on how I was worried about the baby due to feeling so great. Dr. appt. last week confirmed everything is great! They said it could be anything - the fact I've been so active recently, am starting this pregnancy 20 lbs lighter, or even just that maybe it's a girl and my body handles her hormones better than it did Cooper's? Who knows. They say the baby is healthy and not to worry, so I won't.

The other worry ... and this is a big one ... is of a C-section. Since C came out 9 lbs. 13 ounces, they want to take more precautions this time (we were estimating him at more like 8 lbs.) So they are already preparing (I call it threatening) me with one. To clear the air, I'm not totally against C-sections, I know there are times they are medically necessary. But I feel like the "issues" C & I had were no different than what might have been if he were 7 lbs. So I'm not "sold" on doing a C-section for the convenience of it. After some protesting and tears - a girl has to make her stance known! - hubby told me to calm down and not worry about it until we have to. I have, of course, agreed to the 38ish week ultrasound. And at that point, I will let him handle everything because I will obviously be entirely too hormonal. The dr. says she's willing to let me push out again as long as she doesn't see any problems. I'm praying that if I don't have a choice - that if I do need one, it's because the baby is breach or some other issue. Typically if a woman has one big baby they are all big, but my doctor pointed out her first was 9 something and her other two were 7 something, so anything is possible.

The belly: Poochy at times, but I'm still wearing all of my regular clothes. I did dig out the belly band the other day just in case I need it. I wore hose yesterday (that I wore when I was 20 lbs heavier) and thought I was going to die!

 
(Photo from this week messed up!)
 

What I'm Loving: Being pregnant.  

Symptoms: Exhaustion.

Milestones: Telling family and close friends!

What's different this time: Not being as sick. Having to keep up with a toddler.

What I'm looking forward to: It's been so much fun telling family and close friends, I can't wait to share with the world!

Best moment of the week: The ultrasound. Hands down. Yanno how I said I was worried about the baby? When we walked in, I had this (totally irrational) thought that maybe I wasn't pregnant and they would laugh because there wasn't a baby in there. So once peanut popped up on the screen I was like "Oh good, there is a baby in there!" Haha!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love comments :)