Pages

12.05.2014

Baby R2: Six weeks

Written 10.8.14

How far along: Six weeks. June seems so long away.

How big is the baby: Size of a lentil. Funny, because we had chili last night and were remarking on how tiny that is!
Baby's nose, mouth and ears are beginning to take place.

Weight gain/loss: 0. Remarkable considering the diet has been all over the place.

Sleep: Really good. I'm actually getting in my 8 hours and sleeping like a rock.

Diet/Cravings/Aversions: I'm really wanting salty snacks - like the combos snacks, peanuts and chips/salsa.

Gender: We'll find out when he/she is born. 

Movement: Nada

Worries: Still a bit worried about the antibiotic, etc. I'll likely worry about this until my first ultrasound.
I went in for my first appointment yesterday, which was so whack because I had to go to a different lab for the blood work due to insurance so it seemed like a total waste of time. The NP/her nurse both pushed the fact that since Coop was a big baby (9 lbs. 13 oz.) they would be monitoring me late in the pregnancy to make sure I didn't have another toddler. This worries me because the problems Cooper had (cord wrapped around neck, breathing meconium) had NOTHING to do with his size, and my tearing was minimal. So I'm not really comfortable with the idea of being induced early just because I have an 8 lb. baby. I expressed all of this to hubby and we are in agreement that we will fight that if we have to as my due date approaches. Hopefully my doctor will have a different mindset as well.

The belly: Still feeling bloated and like a pooch is beginning to emerge.

 
What I'm Loving: Being pregnant.  

Symptoms: I still can't think of one thing. It's weird, other than the positive test and poochiness, I don't feel pregnant at all!

Milestones: N/A

What's different this time: Again, just knowing that I am pregnant.

What I'm looking forward to: Getting the call on Monday about my blood work and scheduling my ultrasound.

Best moment of the week: Running a 5K in 24:07. Hubby says no more races until after the baby is born. Running is allowed but he wants me to take it easy, which means not pushing for those times. There are a couple 5Ks coming up in the next month, so I'm going to try and talk him into doing them and promise to keep it at a comfortable pace (because honestly, I didn't really feel like I was pushing it on Saturday.)


Pin It



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love comments :)