Pages

12.06.2014

Baby R2: Nine weeks

 Written 10.29.14

How far along: Nine weeks. Wowza! Time seems to really be flying.

How big is the baby: A grape! Now weighing a fraction of an ounce. She/he is beginning to look more human, and all the essential body parts are now accounted for. The embryonic "tail" is almost completely gone, and organs, muscles and nerves are kicking into gear. Now that baby's basic physiology is in place, he or she is poised for rapid weight gain.

Weight gain/loss: 0 overall and no change since last week.

Sleep: I feel like I'm pretty much always tired. Lots of falling asleep on the couch. Unfortunately I've been waking up between 2-3 a.m. every morning needing to pee and it takes about an hour to fall back to sleep :/

Diet/Cravings/Aversions: I'm loving milk, hamburgers and anything carb-loaded! Last night we had chicken and I couldn't handle the raw meat. One day in the past week I took a drink of coffee and thought it tasted gross so I figured I may as well just give it up since it's not that great for me anyhow (although I certainly miss the caffeine!). I've been doing a fried egg with two pieces of bacon on an English muffin for breakfast since the beginning of the summer but I couldn't finish that the other day, so I'm transitioning to oatmeal. I read that protein really helps with the queasy feeling, so I'm trying to get a lot of that.

Gender: We'll find out when he/she is born. 

Movement: Nada

Worries: Nothing really.

The belly: More of the same - not really showing but feeling very bloated. I'm starting to feel some stretching/tightening which I can only assume is the uterus growth.

 


What I'm Loving: Being pregnant.  

Symptoms: Mostly just exhaustion. Still having a little morning/all-day sickness but not near as bad as I remember with Coop. Oh! I've been meaning to mention for a few weeks, but I've got some acne ... this is kinda gross, but it's not my face (thank goodness) but my back! I'm wondering if it's because I've been running and sweating?

Milestones: Can't think of anything big!

What's different this time: Overall, I'm still feeling better. Having a toddler takes the whole exhaustion thing to a whole new level, sadly. When I fell asleep last night I missed out on taking him to bed and that makes me kinda sad.
I've also been a lot more active, but took a little break this week. I need to come up with some weight lifting that I can combine with treadmill time.

What I'm looking forward to: My ultrasound next week! Also, Halloween on Friday - it will be the first time we take C trick or treating!

Best moment of the week: This past weekend was the first in awhile we haven't had multiple plans, so we stayed home and cleaned, and it felt great!

 


Pin It



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love comments :)