Pages

12.09.2014

Baby R2: 13 Weeks!

Written 11.25.14

How far along: Thirteen weeks. Finishing up the trimester, depending on what books you believe (I tend to feel "safe" at 13 weeks, but prefer to consider 14 weeks as second trimester only because of the mental part of it!)

How big is the baby: Baby is the length of a pea pod - about 3 inches long - and weighs nearly an ounce. Fingerprints have formed on the tiny fingertips, and veins and organs are clearly visible through his/her still-thin skin. If a girl, she now has more than 2 million eggs in her ovaries!

Weight gain/loss: Up 1 lb. Considering the amount of fast food, pizza and desserts I had over the weekend AND a potluck at work yesterday, I'm surprised it wasn't worse. I'm not going to complain about 1 lb. of weight loss overall being 13 weeks pregnant.

Sleep: Comes and goes. I wake up almost every night around 3-4 a.m. needing to pee and with a dry mouth, and it takes awhile to get back to sleep. I've been staying up until 10 a few nights lately, so that's definitely a plus.

Diet/Cravings/Aversions: I'm not really liking bacon (too salty?) but love sausage. The other day I thought of the meal my parents always used to make for my birthday (pork tenderloin with a tomato gravy) and I want it NOW! Loving veggies and anything carb-laden.

Gender: We'll find out when he/she is born (much to the dismay of 90 percent of the people we know.) Right now I'm leaning toward girl.

Movement: Actually not much in the past week, but I'm not really concerned at all.

Worries: Nothing.

The belly: Definitely beginning to show. 
 
 



What I'm Loving: Sharing the news!

Symptoms: Exhaustion. Acne. Heartburn (which sometimes wakes/keeps me up at night!)

Milestones: Feeling the baby move and spreading the news!

What's different this time: Nothing specific comes to mind!

What I'm looking forward to: Thanksgiving.

Best moment of the week: Celebrating Cooper's birthday and becoming a mom. It's still so crazy to think that I'm going to have two!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love comments :)